Any IT wizards out there????

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Any IT wizards out there????

•   Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

A couple of weeks ago i could not log on to the Creditwest website. I understood that they were doing upgrade work on their system so just thought to wait. My computer at the time was working on Windows 7 and i was aware that this was not being supported any longer by Microsoft and that issues could arise. When my friends said that the Creditwest website was now ok i tried to log in again. But was unable to do so. I decided to upgrade my computer to Windows 10 and thought that i would now be able to log in. Every other website is working except Creditwest. I have checked that i am using the correct web page http://www.creditwestbank.com but when i try to log in i get a failure message and report saying that
Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device detected or source, http://www.creditwestbank.com is not responding.

I have contacted the bank to see if they can help but they suggest taking the computer to a service shop to see if they can help. Just thought i would give any computer buffs out there a call first....

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: Any IT wizards out there????

•   Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Try clearing your cache/history....you never know, worth a try.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

Hi Soner tried that still the same. I might have to go into Girne i think...

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

If you Google the message that you are getting 'Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device detected or source' there are a number of suggestions that you could try working through - worth a try?

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

use the command prompt

type 'command prompt' in the search box
press enter
type 'ipconfig /flushdns' press enter
type ' ipconfig /registerdns' press enter
type 'ipconfig /release' press enter
type 'ipconfig /renew' press enter

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Altrnatively, try to log on using the following webpage: -

https://secure.creditwestbank.com/P/en/login

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

Thanks for trying guys but still no joy. I tried Keiths other web address first and then Grouchos more involved fix. Still getting the same response. Off to the computer shop tomorrow.

Saddique
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Saddique »

I would :

1. Try logging into your account using another laptop or computer and if that works then its your computer at fault.

2.If it doesn't work then the fault is either your username / password set up with Credit west and they should help you reset it.

Why Credit West use an SMS pin is actually annoying.....sometimes it takes ages to get through.
I opted for a permanent pin as it suits me that way
best of luck

Saddique
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Saddique »

Saddique wrote:I would :

1. Try logging into your account using another laptop or computer and if that works then its your computer at fault.

2.If it doesn't work then the fault is either your username / password set up with Credit west and they should help you reset it.

Why Credit West use an SMS pin is actually annoying.....sometimes it takes ages to get through.
I opted for a permanent pin as it suits me that way
best of luck
Try to follow this video if you can step by steep. May solve your problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV_3ntl7l38

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

Thanks Saddique but my problem is not login on , if i could load the webpage and get the prompt to log in then i am sure it would be ok. My computer just will not load any of the Creditwest pages i have tried. There was one which did load but it was just general info and no link to log in. The command prompt info looks the same as Groucho posted yesterday and i tried that but no joy. I am not great with technology but i have used the Creditwest site for years with no problems and it is now the only page i cant access.

ScubaBoy9
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

Post by ScubaBoy9 »

I had a similar problem once, I found using a different browser worked for me

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

Have tried the three browsers on my computer, Chrome, Firefox and Explorer and all three give the same result.

manyworlds
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

Post by manyworlds »

If you run a command prompt and:

nslookup http://www.creditwestbank.com

What IP address do you get? I get 37.235.79.50. If you get a different one, it may mean they have changed their IP or you have a DNS name resolution issue.

Also, have you tries a phone or another device on your wifi? Have you tried using someone else wifi?

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

Hi manyworlds, just got back from a local restaurant where i tried their internet to connect to Credit-west. No problem i was connected right away. So came home and tried again and i still cannot connect through my internet. I use a router and the computer is on wifi. It has worked before but now the banks web page is the only one i am having trouble with. But at least i know now that it is not the computer it is something to do with my isp or my router.

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

I had exactly the same problem a couple of years ago trying to access my UK bank, connected straight away using a local restaurant's wi-fi. The problem lay with my ISP, Multimax, I contacted them and they resolved it, I think it was something to do with the security settings. Hope this helps.

Saddique
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Saddique »

Geoff1131 wrote:Hi manyworlds, just got back from a local restaurant where i tried their internet to connect to Credit-west. No problem i was connected right away. So came home and tried again and i still cannot connect through my internet. I use a router and the computer is on wifi. It has worked before but now the banks web page is the only one i am having trouble with. But at least i know now that it is not the computer it is something to do with my isp or my router.
so you have established its not your computer / Laptop but more to do with the Internet service provider.
There may be firewalls for credit west because all other sites work for you

Try asking your ISP provider for help,
Remember you have changed from windows 7 to windows 10 as well.

Alternatively have a read of the below article - it may help you ?<>? hopefully.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/what ... -dns-error

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

All ok now..... I connected my laptop direct to the ethernet cable and still could not connect to the banks web site. So thought it is not the router. I googled the problem, ie not being able to connect to a specific web page from a specific isp. And one of the suggestions was to install Opera browser as it has a free vpn running with the browser. Did that and connected!!!!!!! Just thought i would close the post with this info in case anyone else had the same issues.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”