Multi Max again!!!

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

metin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Multi Max again!!!

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by metin »

Anyone having problems in Karsiyaka ???
Last night was really bad from 7 pm

IPMAN
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Multi Max again!!!

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by IPMAN »

what did they say when you rang them? - mine was fine in Alsancak for what its worth (again)

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

In Ozanköy ours was poor last evening and we're not with Multimax.

metin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by metin »

We’re told no problems their end.
Did speed check, 14.7, all good.
Took photos of the dish, that was fine.
So fingers crossed.

Leither
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Leither »

Have noticed each night around 6pm service from Multimax is getting real slow did all the usual problem solving things but not any better,don"t expect anything better nowadays!

Loobyloo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Loobyloo »

Totally agree could almost set your watch by the start of the buffering and has been for some considerable time, got to the point where can’t be bothered complaining about it any more. Only watch downloads in the evening now. Took the easy option and renewed last year but doubt if we will this year.

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

Don't forget they meter your usage from 3.59pm check out the smallprint , your speed will drop the greater your data usage from that point.

faro
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by faro »

We will have to renew our internet supplier in a few months. With Multimax at the moment. Are they all about the same or is some really better than others. We are in the Esentepe area.

Any further comments on internet suppliers in the TRNC.

B.

faro
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by faro »

We will have to renew our internet supplier in a few months. With Multimax at the moment. Are they all about the same or is some really better than others. We are in the Esentepe area.

Any further comments on internet suppliers in the TRNC.

B.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

They all rely on the same cable as the rest so in that respect they are all likely to suffer if there are any problems with the equipment. It is all about service and what happens if there is a problem. I renewed with MM because over the year I have had very little problems with them and what I have had they sorted. We are on the unlimited tariff which is the most expensive but we don't get throttled back in the evening if we have used lots in the day.

I think it is pay your money and take your chance. You will see a lot of people moaning about all of the companies from time to time usually because they cannot view Eastenders or whatever when they want. Very seldom will you see anyone who has actually spoken to the Company to find out what the problem is and if it has been resolved. As I said it is all about the service you get should you have a problem.

It also helps if you have even a fairly basic knowledge of what to do to troubleshoot any issues. That way you can contact the Company and be in a position to tell them you have done all of the usual checks like turning it off and back on again. Google and Youtube has lots of self help stuff and I have found that a lot (not all) of issues can be resolved by the simple turn off and back on again after 30 seconds.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Agree with all of the above by Chriswright03. It also depends a lot on your location. The best people to speak to are your neighbours and find out where your nearest base station is as the nearer you are to that and the less you have in between you and that the better should be your signal.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”