Question for Multimax

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Question for Multimax

•   Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

If anyone from Multimax is reading this thread can you please explain when I am paying a premium for your service in the evening I only get 1 mb of service which screws my TV up every evening?

Its no wonder people change to a different company when you dont deliver the service you say you can?

I know we are in a difficult situation at present .but honestly if I am paying for a premium service I expect a decent return. As I write this your offices are closed so cannot expect any solution. Why does the internet fluctuate so wildly? One minute 8mb next minute nothing zip!

So frustrating!

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Question for Multimax

•   Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Post by erol »

If you pm me who you are I will investigate for you.

official phone line support even on Sunday, even during this crisis should be open and working till midnight. 0548 888 6629

ps normally I would not answer a internet question posted in the general section of the forum until its moved to the correct forum section - personal pendantry of mine

Poppy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Poppy »

Totally agree with you, ours this past week has been awful in the evenings and the same as you we pay for the premium service,
Beginning to think a waste of money. We have done all the things they tell you to try unplugging etc to no avail. I have noticed on past experience when you ring they seem to boost your internet that evening, then it all goes back to how it was the day after. Ours is due again shortly seriously considering moving to another company.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Poppy wrote:
Mon 27 Apr 2020 6:47 am
Totally agree with you, ours this past week has been awful in the evenings and the same as you we pay for the premium service,
Beginning to think a waste of money. We have done all the things they tell you to try unplugging etc to no avail. I have noticed on past experience when you ring they seem to boost your internet that evening, then it all goes back to how it was the day after. Ours is due again shortly seriously considering moving to another company.
Generally I have overall been satisfied with their service, and given the current situation with most people being at home I can understand the pressure on the system must be huge. Having said that it has been very poor in the evening. I did manage to get through to Multimax once, the guy said the reason I was getting a low internet was because I was doing a speed check on my lap top?? I dont get that at all?

Last evening was a shocker, not even half a mb, unfortunately it was after 8pm so didnt bother ringing, turned the TV off and went to bed.

The point I am making is that Multimax is not cheap, I pay for the platinum service, for that I expect 24/7 decent service, if this carries on I will certainly change providers.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

erol wrote:
Sun 26 Apr 2020 7:35 pm
If you pm me who you are I will investigate for you.

official phone line support even on Sunday, even during this crisis should be open and working till midnight. 0548 888 6629

ps normally I would not answer a internet question posted in the general section of the forum until its moved to the correct forum section - personal pendantry of mine
Thank you Erol for your kind offer.

eastside1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Post by eastside1 »

Some great offers from Nethouse and Extend.
1300 tl for 15 and 16 months.

Works out at about 90tl instead of 150tl per month with Multimax.

teatime
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Post by teatime »

eastside1 wrote:
Mon 27 Apr 2020 7:23 am

Do these companies have Traffic Management systems in place like Multimax?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

the guy said the reason I was getting a low internet was because I was doing a speed check on my lap top?? I dont get that at all?
Perhaps he meant that you could have a slow wifi connection between your router and the laptop - tests to check your connection to your ISP should be done on a device plugged in directly to the incoming feed from the dish. Strictly speaking, that's where the ISP's responsibility ends, although they may sometimes attempt to help you diagnose faults /failings on your own domestic interconnections, time permitting.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Post by erol »

teatime wrote:
Mon 27 Apr 2020 8:22 am
eastside1 wrote:
Mon 27 Apr 2020 7:23 am

Do these companies have Traffic Management systems in place like Multimax?
Selling a 4Mbs connection, that will only ever go that fast regardless of if there is more capacity available and that will go slower when there is congestion is a form of traffic management. MM does not sell it's connections this. We do not sell by restricted maximum speed tiers. We let all connections run as fast as they can when there is spare capacity. We limit speeds in busy periods after users have used certain amounts of data in that period. How much data you can use in peak hours before we limit speeds is determined by the package you chose. Platinum allows more data in busy periods before we limit speed than Gold does.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Post by erol »

If you are having issues please contact us. We can not do anything about your issues if you post here using a nickname.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Keithcaley wrote:
Mon 27 Apr 2020 8:31 am
the guy said the reason I was getting a low internet was because I was doing a speed check on my lap top?? I dont get that at all?
Perhaps he meant that you could have a slow wifi connection between your router and the laptop - tests to check your connection to your ISP should be done on a device plugged in directly to the incoming feed from the dish. Strictly speaking, that's where the ISP's responsibility ends, although they may sometimes attempt to help you diagnose faults /failings on your own domestic interconnections, time permitting.
Thanks for the advise Keith, I will try that in future before contacting my supplier.
Out of interest, just checked my speed just on the lap top not connected direct from the dish, 9mb download, 5 mb upload which is fine, not asking for 20 mb or anything like, just wish it would be constant?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

9mb download, 5 mb upload which is fine, not asking for 20 mb or anything like, just wish it would be constant?
If you've been watching fairly high definition stuff after 4pm, then you can very rapidly use up your data allowance - I realise that not everyone has an understanding of how to limit their use of 'bandwidth' when watching live TV, and in those circumstances, one strategy is to 'time shift' by 24 hours, and, before 4pm, download all the stuff that you are going to watch - that way you will never run into speed issues!

Of course, it may be nothing to do with the amount of data used, and no doubt erol will check your data usage etc, and come back with some ideas.

I hope that it gets resolved soon for you!

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Thanks again Keith. I never down load anything, we just watch normal TV and NOT all day by the way.
The problem seems to have resolved itself so far, we use a firestick which I believe requires at least 4 mb so fingers crossed we keep getting that?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Hi again, 'just' watching after 4pm will tend to use up your allowance.

You are better downloading before 4pm.to watch later.

I appreciate that you may not have the aporopriate software to do this, and I know nothing about firestick... :(

IPMAN
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Post by IPMAN »

Keithcaley wrote:
Mon 27 Apr 2020 11:35 am
Hi again, 'just' watching after 4pm will tend to use up your allowance.

You are better downloading before 4pm.to watch later.

I appreciate that you may not have the aporopriate software to do this, and I know nothing about firestick... :(
My two Penneth, ours has been on all day everyday this last 6 weeks or so up to around 9pm, streaming a lot in HD, just checked my usage and i have hit restriction most days - restricted to 6mb, so still a decent speed! And to be honest we have not had a problem.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”