Trying to install Skype

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Trying to install Skype

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I have just bought a new Samsung S6Lite and starting to download Apps etc that I have had for yonks i.e. Kibcom. But I've come to a dead end with Skype which I use a lot when speaking to Government Departments, banks etc in UK plus family in UK that have NEVER purchased a laptop or anything EVER, just have landlines in UK and Oz., Being able to speak for an hour to OZ for 35p is wonderful.
I downloaded Skype years and years ago when none of my friends had it and is become indispensable. BUT, I want to have it on my new tablet and am getting nowhere. The reason being I believe is Skype wasn't owned by Microsoft in the early days and non of the user names, passwords etc are applicable to the new Microsoft/Skype format which recognises nothing of the original. There must be a way of downloading Skype that recognises original information. Any help would be appreciated as other people must have done what I'm trying to do.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Trying to install Skype

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Sophie, none of your Skype usernames or passwords will have changed - provided that you go to the Google playstore and download/install the basic Skype app, you should be able to just sign in as an existing user.

To make sure that you are downloading the correct app, go to Google Play>my apps and games>library make sure that the apps listed are sorted alphabetically rather than by 'recent' and then scroll down to Skype - it should have an 'install' button to the right which you can tap on to install and download.

Make sure that you have got a matching username and password and sign in!

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Trying to install Skype

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Highly recommend Viber

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”