Turkcell Tellisim Internet

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Turkcell Tellisim Internet

•   Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

The topic has been closed and I was about to ask some questions
I've studied both websites and am non the wiser one quotes Dollars do they mean TL
How long is the commitment how much a month for the
Consistent 20Mbps download speed any time, any day
My uk phone is vodafone and the signal is good

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Turkcell Tellisim Internet

•   Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Are you sure the topic hasn't just been moved to a more appropriate section. Just a thought.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Ozankoys said thanks in last post then it says locked bottom left corner

So I'm looking for the overall cost per month usage caps and period of contract

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

wanderer wrote:
Thu 22 Apr 2021 11:33 am
So I'm looking for the overall cost per month usage caps and period of contract
Lifecell Digital
After a three month free trial l decided to pay upfront for 12 months contract which came with an additional three months free. 20mb, no limits (usage cap). Cost was 1620TL in January.

No gripes or complaints about the service.
libens volens potens

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Thanks a1sysman
Do you have to have a dish on the roof or is it a sim in the modem/router
I'm a first floor apartment with a clear view to the Cratos and onto Turkey and get good signals generally
Do you just walk in the shop and walkout with one ?

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Transferred to:-

INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

wanderer wrote:
Thu 22 Apr 2021 3:26 pm
Do you have to have a dish on the roof or is it a sim in the modem/router
I'm a first floor apartment ...
Do you just walk in the shop and walkout with one ?
We have a dish pointed towards the line of sight comms tower.
Installation is by Lifecell Digital engineer(s).
They will conduct a free site survey and test signal strength to your location before you are asked to part with any money.
A few years back, when l first approached Lifecell Digital, they conducted a site survey and advised their signal strength was poor to our location. Fair play to them for honesty.
That was before the comms tower out our way was erected.
libens volens potens

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

I am currently with MM and have been for many years. I am on the Gold package which will be 2400TL this year to carry on and whilst my normal speeds are in excess of 20Mb that is only till 16:00 and then if I download or watch TV online I can quickly exceed my limit between 16:00 and midnight, after which I have my download speed capped which can cause heavy buffering on the TV. I can of course upgrade to Platinum which may ease the problem.

However, it seems to me that Lifecell Digital may be a much better option as long as the speed does not fall below 16Mb (a requirement for my IPTV) in the future. Any comments on this?
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

What I can’t understand here is that internet speeds seem to be up to 20mbs. There surely is a demand for higher speeds to be able to watch 4K tv reliably which I understand needs at least 25 to 30 mbs. I think MM offer guaranteed higher speeds but under a business plan which is circa £400 per month! For I think 50mbs.
I am sure some people would pay more than the platinum package 2900 TL per year which gives up to 20mbs residential package.
I would think there is a demand for a package that offers say 30mbs guaranteed that would not cost the earth. I don’t know what infrastructure is needed to guarantee speeds or how that affects the pricing.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Mr Chinnery wrote:
Thu 22 Apr 2021 7:55 pm
There surely is a demand for higher speeds ...
I would think there is a demand for a package that offers say 30mbs guaranteed...
The mobile phone networks this side only provide 3G. Yet all new mobile phones available support 4G or 5G. The demand for 4G is there. The money or appetite to invest in the infrastructure is not.
libens volens potens

Cheetah
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Cheetah »

The stone age network technology is the one thing that really pisses me off in TRNC. Just the thought that every time I come to North Cyprus I have to replace my steady 150 Mps 4G connections with a lousy 10-15 Mps 3G available makes my blood pressure rise to dangerous levels. Why don´t they tell Turkey to skip building another mosque and send money for building a 4G network instead ...

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Think yourself lucky you have that when I came to live here there was nothing. I survived.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Deniz1, can you remember (a bit before my time here, but not by much) there used to be a tree and notice board outside the Post Office, on which you posted a message and hopefully the information would get to the people concerned. We actually had internet connection within a month or so of arriving and signed up with a company called Aysanet (we were registered as customer number 254 (I think), They became Extend eventually I believe (it might even have become MM) It operated out of a first floor, two bedroomed flat behind what was the initial Ezic Premier, and I had to climb over piles of cable and boxes in order to sign a contract set out on the top of a broken chair. I believe shortly afterwards they acquired a desk!! And to put matters in perspective, I have family in rural East Anglia, who on many occasions have far slower connection than we do here, so calm yourself Cheetah, it could be a whole lot worse.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

"Why don´t they tell Turkey to skip building another mosque and send money for building a 4G network instead ..."

Probably because attending a mosque is free and everyone can go there - not everyone here can afford 4G or any other type of network or food come to that. I do not think that the Internet is that high on the list of essentials, when people here still actually talk to each other face to face.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Cheetah
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Cheetah »

waddo wrote:
Fri 23 Apr 2021 5:25 pm
"Why don´t they tell Turkey to skip building another mosque and send money for building a 4G network instead ..."

Probably because attending a mosque is free and everyone can go there - not everyone here can afford 4G or any other type of network or food come to that. I do not think that the Internet is that high on the list of essentials, when people here still actually talk to each other face to face.
C´mon ... an up-to-date mobile phone technology has no affect in everyday face to face life. Just think what the high-speed and steady internet connections would benefit the schools, universities, hospitals and companies in this country ... it´s not just about the private consumers like you and me.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I remember it well benjaminbutton!

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

If I remember rightly, when they laid the new water pipes from the new dam (water from Turkey) they also laid fibre optic cables. When they asked the NC telephone engineers they went on strike, fearing for their jobs rather than learn how to install and maintain fibre optic cables.

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

After booking for a Turkcell installation today my conscience got the better of me so I decided to continue supporting a local business will carry on with MM for the time being.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”