Multimax internet

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Multimax internet

•   Message 1 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

I have a very bad internet and it's freezing or very slow,I am in Ozankoy is anyone else experiencing this problem (Oo)

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Multimax internet

•   Message 2 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

We are not in Ozankoy so it is no good me telling you how ours is really but have you tried the usual stuff like turn the router off at the mains and back on after 30 seconds to reset it?

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

We are in Ozankoy, its OK for us.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 20 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Just renewed mine with Turkcell. Cost less and speeds seem better.

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 20 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Have you reported your issue to MM I always find them very helpful?
Should think that because of the curfew yesterday everyone was at home using it so maybe there was a general usage overload in the evening although ours was OK to watch ITVPlayer.
IMHO we should be supporting local businesses where we can especially at the moment.

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 20 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

the increase in providers offering unlimited internet at faster speeds for a lower cost will eventually force MM to change their business model.

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 20 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Obviously there is no way that MM can compete with providers such as Turkcell but it is nice to support a local business especially as they do so much for our wildlife without any government help.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

We wanted to move to Turkcell but there is a line of trees in the distance so no good, shame.

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 20 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

to be fair I dont think NCYP is yet at a stage where we have giant conglomerates. Besides MM there are other local businesses providing internet, and I can see reasons for supporting MM however they do not make it easy for themselves by using an antiquated system to provide internet.

For those using IPTV or those with kids, quotas are met within a few hours, and you end up on 3meg, so why would one use MM when you can effectively pay the same for a 20meg guaranteed service with no quota day or night. Kids can have youtube, or can stream, you can have iptv on from when you wake up to when you go to sleep, and pay half the price.

There is only so much you can do to support a business...they also need to step up.

HotHippo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 20 in Discussion

Post by HotHippo »

Hello AFC,

I enjoy very good fast speeds (30 mbps) with MM, but I'm fed up with the quota/speed system of theirs, as I regularly miss out on late evening IPTV.
Which supplier are you using?

Cheers,

HH

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 20 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Nethouse offer a package with guaranteed 20meg, that works perfectly for me,

Xtreme512
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Xtreme512 »

AFC wrote:
Mon 03 May 2021 12:51 pm
Nethouse offer a package with guaranteed 20meg, that works perfectly for me,
their site says 10/5Mbps "guaranteed" in their gamer/educator package, not 20Mbps where did you see that?
plus at same cost extend provides 15/5Mbps, again in gamer/educator package.
a bit lower cost freenet provides 20/10Mbps.
Plus, kibrisonline/digiturk under the (ortak altyapı netonline with nethouse) gives max 30Mbps async guaranteed 7000TL yearly if not mistaken.

these are somewhat dedicated async packages (point-to-point antenna) yet I'm not sure they treat it like that. FixNet in famagusta seems to do it as it is though...

edit: don't buy and recommend ISPs that give limited quota internet under "unlimited" speeds. its just a silly marketing plus no sense of implementation, it just doesn't work like that.
I Walk Alone

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 20 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

For those with Turkcell, just what do they supply - hardware - and what is their service like when things go bad/wrong please?

I have been with MM for many years but their quota/speed system employed interferes with my IPTV. I have IPTV solely to watch F1 and even have D-Smart as a fall back (although it failed on last Sunday due equipment problems) but the quota system means that for some of the seasons races I am exceeding the quota during the race. I am on Gold and their answer is for me to upgrade to Platinum as then the quota drop will easily handle IPTV - no it won't, I have tried that already!

Reluctant to move to another supplier as the service I have had from MM over the years has been excellent, however, other suppliers appear to be offering a faster constant package at a much lower cost and I may be forced down that route by pure financial needs.

All comments welcomed.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 20 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

I have been with Multimax for over 10 years on their Platinum package. On the whole I am extremely happy with their service but from time to time I get buffering, fall foul of their traffic management and it can upset an evening's viewing. I want to continue to support them if they will reconsider their restrictions.
Perhaps if they were approached in numbers they would reconsider their policy to retain their customers?

villajasmine
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 20 in Discussion

Post by villajasmine »

Change to Turkcell, we did!, great!

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

villajasmine wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 7:43 am
It would be more useful if you actually said why it is great. For example what sort of speeds are you getting and at what price? Is there any restrictions on data? Yes we could all go on line and have a look at the various packages but in a discussion about internet the more information you provide the more help it will be to any who read this thread.

Xtreme512
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Xtreme512 »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 8:48 am
villajasmine wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 7:43 am
It would be more useful if you actually said why it is great. For example what sort of speeds are you getting and at what price? Is there any restrictions on data? Yes we could all go on line and have a look at the various packages but in a discussion about internet the more information you provide the more help it will be to any who read this thread.
Sadly you cant get any more info about GSM operator internet packages rather than their prices. I phoned both of them about their packages for quota, speed etc. but they try and avoid sharing specific information, stating they reserve their rights. also in their website they state that. this also is applicable to Turkey's operators as well, they are one black box and you do not know anything about the service you are buying which ultimately is a bad thing.

Plus their unnecessary high prices and limitations are also not good for home internet users. you can get promised speeds one day and not on another day, or they silently block/throttle tcp ports which may affect you, cap your speed after a certain point of usage without telling. i remember the customer service telling me if i connect more devices to internet that i may get throttled but doesn't state the number of devices and instead I told him I will just src-NAT them so they will see one device connected and he didn't answer, it was just so vague. just be aware before buying anything from trnc and turkey operators, lots of negative comments on forums... they do not try to make your life better.
I Walk Alone

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Yes it is a bit of a mystery how they work it all out. I am with Multimax on their Platinum service and yes it is expensive but on the whole I am happy with it. My speeds are generally good enough and I have learned to download anything in the morning that I want to watch in the evening. That way I am assured of being able to see it without the blessed circle. There is little doubt that my speed will be getting throttled in the evening but this way I cope with it.

I have considered going elsewhere but then is it frying pan into the fire? Thing is my question to villajasmine remains as posting on here to say you are happy with your provider tells us nothing at all because we don't know what he is getting nor what data he is using per day. Information in a thread like this should at least be useful to others and it wasn't.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 19 of 20 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 4:47 pm
Yes it is a bit of a mystery how they work it all out. I am with Multimax on their Platinum service and yes it is expensive but on the whole I am happy with it. My speeds are generally good enough and I have learned to download anything in the morning that I want to watch in the evening. That way I am assured of being able to see it without the blessed circle. There is little doubt that my speed will be getting throttled in the evening but this way I cope with it.

I have considered going elsewhere but then is it frying pan into the fire? Thing is my question to villajasmine remains as posting on here to say you are happy with your provider tells us nothing at all because we don't know what he is getting nor what data he is using per day. Information in a thread like this should at least be useful to others and it wasn't.
Agree.

We are with MM and have considered changing provider, but not convinced that the speeds and service will be better. More information on what other ISPs provide would be helpful. Cost of course is a factor and as MM appear to be more expensive than other providers this will continue to be a reason why we keep looking around.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Last year MM offered a discount if you renewed earlier. I believe it was either two or three months extra. That made the bill a bit easier to swallow but I have no idea what if anything is on offer this year. I have been happy with their customer service as they have been there whenever I needed them and for that alone I think I would be reluctant to move elsewhere just for monetary value.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”