Microsoft office

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

cjtill
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Microsoft office

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by cjtill »

After 5 years of using Microsoft Office I am suddenly getting a message saying that this copy of office is not activated.

It says I have 30 days to activate it.

Can anyone help please? Will I lose Microsoft office if I do nothing or is there a way to activate it without a key?

TIA
Attachments
office.jpg

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Microsoft office

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

cjtill, it all depends on how you both obtained and installed your current version of Microsoft Office. If you down loaded it on-line or purchased a DVD/CD here in the TRNC or indeed bought your computer here in the TRNC and found that MS Office was already installed, then it is very possible that it was an illegal copy to start with.

However, if, as I am sure you are, the user of a fully licensed edition of MS Office and have the installation key then/license code then it is simply a matter of putting that key/code back in again.

Normally you would not lose MS Office use but you will always receive reminders that your copy has not been activated until you actually activate it yourself. Without a key you will not be able to activate it anyway - unless of course you can obtain a key!!!

Would be interesting to know what version you are using as well?
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

cjtill
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by cjtill »

Waddo, thanks for your reply.

About 5 years ago we had a new hard drive installed and Microsoft office 2016 was installed. I am now guessing that it was not a genuine version.
As I do not have a key to activate it does this mean that I will lose everything shortly and why would it suddenly , after all these years need activating.?

wrymouth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by wrymouth »

Why not "Legitimise" your software by purchasing a genuine activation code ?
I had a quick look on Google and found one at www.digitallicense.nl for £13.22 which seems pretty reasonable to me.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”