Setting up 2nd router as a 'bridge' to bypass DNS restrictions on nethouse? - any ideas?

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Setting up 2nd router as a 'bridge' to bypass DNS restrictions on nethouse? - any ideas?

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

I had posted before that nethouse are not allowing 3rd party DNS setups, and appear to be blocking access to a users OWN modem settings such as changing your wifi password or SSID name- outrageous!

I have a Roku 3 box for TV and had been using a DNS to watch UK TV. Unfortunately on this box you cannot set up a DNS or VPN on the device, so had been doing so via the router. As a temp' measure I had connected my chromebook to the TV via HDMI using Nord VPN, but having no remote for that it is a pain in the derriere to use!

I have a spare TP-Link Archer D7 modem (https://static.tp-link.com/res/down/doc ... _V1_UG.pdf) which can go into 'bridge mode' and this has been suggested as a work around by setting this up with a new SSID, and setting up the DNS on that, then connecting the Roku via this. OK sounds easy - not!

Does anyone have any idea how to do this, and in fact if it will work?

Many thanks.

akvam
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Setting up 2nd router as a 'bridge' to bypass DNS restrictions on nethouse? - any ideas?

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by akvam »

I was making a wireless bridge between two routers. Multimax and Telsim don't mind this. I see no problem.

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Setting up 2nd router as a 'bridge' to bypass DNS restrictions on nethouse? - any ideas?

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Many thanks.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”