Best anti virus

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Best anti virus

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

What antivirus protection for computer is best (:())

MVP
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Best anti virus

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by MVP »

The free one included my Microsoft together with sensible web use has always kept my PC clean

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

Windows Defender has been doing a good job for me on 3 laptops since 2015 when Windows 10 was launched. Not had any issues since then - no hacks worms or Trojans, no viruses, no phishing attempts, nothing at all.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Just Google for it and you will see plenty of reviews of the top 10 rated ones or even the top free ones. It really is a case of do your research which of course by asking your question on here you are starting to do. I agree with others that Windows Defender seems to be doing OK for me on our laptops and Windows tablet but then I am careful what I click on.

Main thing is don't click on any links unless you are sure of what it will take you to. Having said that there are many links posted on here which I admit I tend to do as well but then you get to know the people on here who are reliable and unlikely to post anything dubious.

For years I have always made sure I have two log ins for my computers. So one as Admin rights which I only ever use when I need to download anything once I am happy that it is safe and the other which I use daily which has no admin rights. That way if you do drop onto a link that is dodgy it has no access to your Admin rights.

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Windows is good enough, if not try bitdefender or esat both very good, but remb to turn your windows security off first

Barbaraford
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Barbaraford »

Probably the Kaspersky.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”