Nethouse suddenly introduced Quotas? Any Quota free providers?

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Nethouse suddenly introduced Quotas? Any Quota free providers?

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Been with Nethouse for years, both ADSL and WDSL (no limit it says) and last renewed in Aug 21. Last few days, TV been unwatchable - speed down to 4 from 15 mbps. Called Nethouse tonight and they suddenly inform me I had reached my 'quota'. What's this I asked, never had this before or been advised of this change when renewing- no sir we always had it. Well that is a complete lie frankly Nethouse and never in all years been told of any quota - what do most expats want a fast internet for I asked, of course for UK TV.

Anyway, can anyone suggest an internet provider that does actually allow no limit, at least 15mbps? What is Turkcell WDSL like in Catalkoy centre?

Too late for change before Xmas I guess so there goes xmas TV :sparkle: :point: :merry:

Best wishes for Xmas and New Year to all :hi:

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

Re: Nethouse suddenly introduced Quotas? Any Quota free providers?

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by gates »

They all have quoter 15meg 10 5 and now think 20 as you use through the day from midnight till midnight it gradually goes down. I find 15 last me. Nethouse I find best. Been with them 9 years after rubbish service from another

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I have Turkcell in Catalkoy very happy with it. No limit but I cant comment on tv as i dont use it for that.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

We are using Lifecell Digital. No issues, no restrictions. Excellent value.

https://www.lifecelldigital.com/kampanyalar

They will not install without first checking signal strength at your location.
libens volens potens

laptawrinkly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by laptawrinkly »

Thanks for the replies - the Turkcell agent/installer is right next to our house so will look at that .

Gates - the point I was making regarding Nethouse, was neither on their website (english And I think Turkish) mentions nothing about quotas - they state limitziz (no limit). Had there been such a limit/restriction then you cannot complain as that is what you sign-up and pay for. As multimax are up front and will reduce your speed after so many gig, etc. It is the dishonesty that riles you having asked when renewed in Aug if there were any limits, and a clear no from the Girne office.

We have been with Nethouse since the demise of SunnyCyprus net. The service has been going down; first they stop 3rd party DNS, having used it for years and years for UK TV (then lie and say they had always blocked it); then stop you accessing your own modem settings, for example to reset your wifi password, just unreasonable.

So we will try KTCELL life cell.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”