ISPs, issues and service.

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Mobdro alternatives

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Hi, have just had an SMS message from Nethouse to say my two year contract runs out tomorrow. (don't give you much time to
reconsider or not. ) 18 months or so ago they were very good, now it can be abysmal. We live in Alsancak and people have been recommending "that small place further up the road" but absolutely no-one seems to remember what company they are referring to, which does seem strange. I know said company is more expensive, but that isn't the point, I just want more reliability!!! Thanks.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Thu 14 Apr 2022 1:22 pm
Hi, have just had an SMS message from Nethouse to say my two year contract runs out tomorrow. (don't give you much time to
reconsider or not. ) 18 months or so ago they were very good, now it can be abysmal. We live in Alsancak and people have been recommending "that small place further up the road" but absolutely no-one seems to remember what company they are referring to, which does seem strange. I know said company is more expensive, but that isn't the point, I just want more reliability!!! Thanks.
We changed to Nethouse 2 months ago from a well known provider, very pleased so far and so much cheaper.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I am convinced that our problems are "on the roof", but Nethouse refuse to come out and check, despite my saying I would pay for someone to go and check. The other problem I have found is their "full English speaking" aftersales people are frequently very difficult indeed to understand over the phone. When we started with them over three years ago, they were extremely good, hence I signed up this ;last time for two years, but as they became more and more part of Kibris Online, things started to crumble at the edges. Still trying to find out the name of this company in Alsancak.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

ISPs, issues and service.

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Opened to move posts.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: ISPs, issues and service.

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

I am wondering if “the place up the road” is Haypen, nearly opposite Green petrol station. Have heard good things, ISP related, said about Haypen - though they have yet to fix any electrical item l have offered for repair, sadly.

We are west of Karşıyaka, hill side. Lifecell Digital our ISP. Faultless service to date. Speed tests are at or above the 20mbs our package is set to. Day, night or weekends. No caps on usage.

However, Lifecell Digital may or may not be suitable for your location.

Lifecell Digital did offer us a trial period of three months, prior to the 12+3 months package we went for. Whether that is available to you l cannot say.
libens volens potens

ScubaBoy9
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by ScubaBoy9 »

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by gates »

I have been with nethouse for 6 years were the best but about 2 months ago it started going down hill and now tv is crap i keep telling them but they blame everything else. Say it’s not them as getting my 15 meg. I know it’s not the iptv service because i paid another £200 for one that dose exactly rhe same but they won’t have it. Tryed turcel but can’t get a signal here in Yeni Erencoy. If there was another server I would move even though I got till September

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”