Multimax emails stopped

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

solic200
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Multimax emails stopped

•   Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Post by solic200 »

What happened to the emails informing you that you only have a few days before you need to pay. Now they just cut you off, which is rather a pain when it happens on a saturday night as how can you pay. If you paid by the calendar month I would remember but with 30 day accounts the dates change every month. I will be cut off tomorrow night as I can't get to the office to pay today, and they don't accept cards and no banks are open until Monday.
Another nice little gesture of keeping you informed gone out the window.

cyprusishome
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Multimax emails stopped

•   Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Post by cyprusishome »

What did multimax say when you telephoned them about this issue?

Philoz
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Philoz »

my multimax account is due for it's renewal soon but I don't know when exactly as multimax have added time for previous 'outages'(or at least they said they have)
It is therefore not a simple case of counting back from the date you took out your subscription.
If multimax are indeed cutting people off without warning this has got to be one of the biggest gaffs ever in terms of bad customer service.
As solic says, if you can't pay online,and can only pay in cash at the office this could mean loss of service for several days.

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

I was not sure when my subscription expired so I emailed Multimax - I received a reply from Kemal almost immediately. You could set a reminder on your phone or other device when your 30 days are becoming due but I agree I thought it would have been within their capability to remind customers a few days before expiry.

solic200
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Post by solic200 »

cyprushome
When I was cut off last time I think it was again on the last Saturday/Sunday before New Years Eve so I was a bit concerned that they may not be open on the Monday, so I called the multimax helpline and a lady said I had to either go to the office before they closed on the Saturday, which gave me about 30 mins from Lapta before they closed, or pay at the bank Monday morning, so I was cut off until Monday. I did ask the lady if there was any chance that they could keep me connected until the Monday but it fell on deaf ears I am afraid. She said that it was a computer problem that the reminders had not been sent out which I found rather amusing coming from an internet provider.
I am not really knocking Multimax as normally a phone call is all you need to do to get results, but I am a good regular customer that always pays, so a little leeway would of been a nice gesture.

cyprusishome
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

Post by cyprusishome »

Will be interesting to here the response on here from the boss. Most companies allow a grace period of a few days before cutting off because there may be genuine reasons for not paying.

Digiturk give 5 days notice & Turkcell give a few days via txt msgs before due date plus they give grace time. So will be interested in follow up even though we use another ISP.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

Email notifications sytem is working, we send emails out starting from 5 days to expiration. If you do not receieve them, one of the following might happen: 1) It may be that your account is not expiring in the next 5 days of less, 2) your email is not correct in our records, this can be checked easily, 3) you should check your spam folder 4) We have noticed that recently some email providers (most famous being hotmail) is just refusing our emails without even putting them into junk/spam folder on the customer side, we do try to remedy these kind of situations as we find out about them but it is difficult as the problem needs to be sorted 'on the other side'

In addition to daily email notifications from 5 days onwards, we ALSO send an SMS reminder (this was being done manually and it was possible to make mistakes here and there) which now automatically send an sms reminder to the primary mobile number on record 2 days before the expiration date.

In addition to all above, you can always use the live chat feature from our website (http://www.mmcyp.com) or send us an email at [email protected] and find out about your expiration date free of charge (as opposed to telephone charges for our support line, which also works - 0548 888 6629)

On top of all that, you can call and request a 2 day extension(which will be retracted once you make a payment) which is provided to first time 'offenders' and as long as your account history is in good standing and this feature is not abused. Unfortunately, MM staff can NOT issue any extension if your account is not yet expired and if multimax offices are open at the time. Our phone support line operates from 8am-2am (0548 888 6629) that can assist you with this.

On top of all that is on top of this text, just as an advice, you do not need to come in and pay on the last day of your account, if you pay a few days in advance, you get 30 days extension from the day of your expiration. So if you have a feeling your account may expire on the weekend, make your payment on thursday/friday so you are not left with internet over the weekend.

We are always working on to improve the level of service we are providing, however, I do not see how one can complain and blame us for not paying on time after all the measures we take and channels we provide for a customer to do so...

Kemal
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

cyprusishome
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Post by cyprusishome »

Good Answer.
I was surprised to read that people were not being contacted or aware of when to pay. I know within a few days when our accounts are due to be paid and if notice not received will pay in advance, as you have suggested for your service.

sparkymike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

Post by sparkymike »

I have had email notification from Multimax regarding my account expiring, so maybe it was just a 'one off' ? they are usually on the ball about reminding me, and also I receive text messages telling me. Contact multimax and double check the correct email and telephone number.
Mary, wife of Sparky Mike

solic200
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

Post by solic200 »

Kemal
My posting was asking the question of why I am not receiving emails anymore, of which I have not received for the past two months, and I know its down to me to pay on time, but as I said sometimes it slips your memory with the 30 day account not falling on the same day so I am not pointing the blame at anyone regarding this as you have mentioned.
If you have lost my email address & telephone number then this is down to you and not my fault.
If there is a 2 day extension then I suggest you inform your staff of this as I was not offered this service when I was cut off before.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

solic200 wrote:Kemal
If you have lost my email address & telephone number then this is down to you and not my fault.
Email us at [email protected] and we will crosscheck your contact details, things do not simply disappear from our database, however, without knowing who you are its impossible for me to do a more through investigation
solic200 wrote:If there is a 2 day extension then I suggest you inform your staff of this as I was not offered this service when I was cut off before.
As I have clearly stated on my above post, staff are not authorized to give extensions 1) if the offices are open at the time 2) if your internet is not yet expired.
All our employees are well trained and well informed of our business procedures, and even through mistakes are bound to happen as it is in human nature, this was not one of them.

Kemal
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----

solic200
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

Post by solic200 »

Kemal
Thank you for your reply I will call in on Monday with the relevant information along with my money. I hope cash is ok.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

solic200 wrote:Kemal
Thank you for your reply I will call in on Monday with the relevant information along with my money. I hope cash is ok.
For our customer's convenience, we accept cash (Turkish Lira, pounds, euros, dollars, Russian rubles, and Kuwaiti dinars are ok), credit cards, cheques(only local), gold bullions and certified diamonds(sorry, no blood diamonds) as payment.

K.
-----

mercenaryali
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Post by mercenaryali »

Kemal

Would it not just be easier for everyone concerned to have a "payment day" on the same day of each month for those who are paying monthly? ie if I had my installation on 14th of a specific month then why could I not just pay on the 14th of each successive month?

thanks

suel5
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

Post by suel5 »

Have never received an email from multimax regarding renewal period although have had emails regarding other things. Received a text 2 days before, it was in turkish but figured it was about my renewal. Called at the office 2 days running, called both numbers and had no reply. Sent messages but still no reply. Was cut off at midnight on a saturday. Sent multimax another message asking why and was given an extension until the monday.

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

Mine expires on Wednesday. So far I have had 3 e-mails and a text message. No excuse for me not renewing
As I got older I congratulated myself on my tolerance..... Now I realise I just don't give a "ooops"

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”