Windows 11.

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Windows 11.

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

My laptop will not search for anything. It appears I need to update to windows 11 but it won't let me do an automatic update as the laptop is too old. Surely there is a work around that doesn't need a degree in science and techno skills. Anyone had the same . Basically rendering my laptop useless

jimm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Windows 11.

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by jimm »

I am still running windows 10 on an old laptop and everything is working fine, there must be another problem with your web browser or computer

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Ok. Thank you for the info.

leoa69
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by leoa69 »

Switching to Windows 11 offers several potential benefits. Here are some of the key advantages of upgrading to Windows 11:

Fresh and modern interface: Windows 11 introduces a redesigned and visually appealing interface. It features a centered Start menu, new taskbar, rounded corners, and a cleaner overall look. The updated design provides a more modern and streamlined user experience.

Enhanced productivity: Windows 11 introduces new productivity features such as Snap Layouts, Snap Groups, and virtual desktops. These tools make it easier to organize and multitask with multiple windows, improving productivity and efficiency.

Improved gaming experience: Windows 11 brings several gaming-focused enhancements. It includes DirectStorage technology, which enables faster game loading times, and Auto HDR, which enhances visuals in supported games. Additionally, Windows 11 integrates Xbox features more seamlessly, allowing for easier access to Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Better performance and security: Windows 11 is optimized for modern hardware, which may result in improved performance, especially for newer devices. It also includes enhanced security features, such as TPM 2.0 support, secure boot, and Windows Hello facial recognition for authentication, offering better protection for your data and privacy.

Microsoft Store improvements: The Microsoft Store in Windows 11 has been redesigned and rebuilt, providing a better and more curated selection of apps. It also supports a wider range of applications, including support for popular third-party app stores like the Amazon Appstore and the ability to run Android apps through the Microsoft Store.

Integration with Microsoft services: If you use other Microsoft services like Microsoft 365, OneDrive, or Microsoft Teams, Windows 11 provides a more integrated experience across these services. It allows for easier collaboration, seamless file syncing, and improved integration with Microsoft's cloud-based solutions.

It's important to note that these are general benefits associated with upgrading to Windows 11. The specific advantages for you will depend on your individual needs, hardware compatibility, and usage patterns. It' s always recommended to review the system requirements and assess the compatibility of your current hardware before making the switch.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

Opening and closing quote punctuation ( " " ) and 'Information from Microsoft is missing.... :wink:

(I've been trying it for a few months now on another same-spec laptop, and so far have not found any benefits as opposed to - for me - niggly changed and/or removals....)

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”