New Multimax User

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

New Multimax User

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Hi everyone,
I am a new Multimax TV customer. (one week) I am pleased with the quality of the product so far however, I ask one question. Tonight I tried to get channel 5 news at 8.30pm and earlier Nat geo channel at 5 and 6pm , nothing? Is this a regular thing with Multimax? I had the channels last night but tonight they disappeared without trace, very odd?

PS: This is not a gripe against the company just asking whether this is normal?

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: New Multimax User

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Hi

We do have channels 'go out' at times and we are doing our best to keep this to a minimum and stop it happening all together. Channel 5 has been out for a while now - info on this is posted on the ntv.mx 'home' page section (might have to go to older news) and Nat Geo UK went out earlier today. Nat Geo UK should be back soon and Channel 5 (and the others listed on the ntv.mx website) should be back by tomorrow.

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

Hi it happens to us quite often Where do you live? We live in Tatlisu and virtually every day we need to do a hard boot on the system to get the channels back. Have noticed also just recently that the channels we could record from will now not let us. Whilst the promises are good the actual promises are a little short
As I got older I congratulated myself on my tolerance..... Now I realise I just don't give a "ooops"

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Erol,
Thanks for your prompt reply, much appreciated.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Since my last post we have nothing but problems with Multimax! The signal is poor, the TV goes off line about 40 times a day, we have to re boot about 6 times a day.

Before anyone asks have we complained, yes we have. We called in at the office yesterday, in fairness they sent an engineer around the same day, he promptly told us that our router was not up to the job, we duly paid 90tl for one of the company's to replace ours with the assurance, our TV will work just fine.

I rang again last night, the lady answered promptly and talked me through the problem, finally she said it was a problem with Turkey (internet).

My question is: Does anyone on this forum have uninterrupted TV on any one night? Ours is driving us stir crazy at present, wishing we had stuck with Sky.

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

Ours had a few teething troubles but not it is pretty much OK all night every night.
Some are wise and some otherwise.....

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

Note: I work for Multimax and this is an official Multimax reply

Mollie, I realize when things dont go your way, nothing seems to be right. It looks like your problem was fixed, but on top of all your troubles, yesterday we did have issue with our network that required TTnet from Turkey to intervene and fix and until this was done, some channels were not working upto standards.

This problem is now fixed and your NTV experience should be normal.

Please email me at [email protected] and I will take a look further into your account, and definitely let us know if you still have issues.

Kemal
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Hi Kemal,
Thank you for your quick response, have mailed you. Apologies for the rant, you are right, when things go wrong you could pull your hair out.

muffin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by muffin »

We have had NTV since last September and have had nothing but problems. Have lost count of the number of times we have reported the faults. These will be resolved only to return again after 2/3days. On Monday this week we were told that the fault was with our cables but surprise surprise, on Tuesday we had a perfect day's viewing. We wait to see what today brings.

If you visit the office in Karakum you are asked to e.mail any queries to info @multimaxcyprus.com - but do not expect the courtesy of areply anytime. I have directed at least 3/4 e.mails to Kemal and am still waiting for an answer.

I suspect that this is yet another TRNC company which has taken on more than it can cope with.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

Mollie the cat, thank you for the email, I am looking into the situation and will get back to you shortly

Muffin, I do not know who you are, can you please send me an email to [email protected] identifying yourself and I will check all correspondence history and get back to you with whats going on. Thank you.

Kemal
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

A big thank you to Kemal for his response to my message. He posted a very comprehensive e mail after looking into the problem. He quickly sent an engineer to my house and replaced faulty hardware, not speaking too soon, but the picture is much clearer and more important its stable.

Fingers crossed, we are fixed, if not I have no hesitation in calling again.

Thank you Kemal for a great service.

Philoz
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Philoz »

I can confirm that the email Kemal sent Mollie was indeed comprehensive as I fell asleep for several minutes when it was read out to me.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”