Turcevic Hospital Kyrenia

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

henry_vox
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Turcevic Hospital Kyrenia

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by henry_vox »

Hi all, im looking for some advice. I am due to give birth in the next few weeks and have been booked into the Turcevik Hospital in Kyrenia. I am being treated by doctor Meryiam at the Jinomar clinic.

I was wondering if anyone has given birth at this hospital or knows someone that has. I was really happy with my choice until yesterday when a taxi driver told me a very scary/sad story about both the doctor and hospital. Now im going out of my mind with worry as I am now a high risk pregnancy.

Thank you in advance x

Ozangirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Turcevic Hospital Kyrenia

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Ozangirl »

Hi, I had my son at the same hospital and had fantastic service, I did have a c-section but everything was very professional, clean and far better service than I ever got in the UK with my first son. I would highly recommend this clinic for child birth. I also have several friends who also used this clinic for both natural births and c-sections and they were also very happy. Please don't worry. I also use Jinomer for smear tests etc, although it was Tunccevik himself that delivered my baby. The only thing they are here is very over the top when it comes to tests, scans etc, I was also labelled high risk due to my age, but they are just extremely over-cautious. Hope it all goes well, I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised.

Rosehillgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Rosehillgirl »

henry_vox wrote:Hi all, im looking for some advice. I am due to give birth in the next few weeks and have been booked into the Turcevik Hospital in Kyrenia. I am being treated by doctor Meryiam at the Jinomar clinic.

I was wondering if anyone has given birth at this hospital or knows someone that has. I was really happy with my choice until yesterday when a taxi driver told me a very scary/sad story about both the doctor and hospital. Now im going out of my mind with worry as I am now a high risk pregnancy.

Thank you in advance x
Hi,

I didn't give birth there (a bit long in the tooth for that!!) but I did have surgery there.

I had fantastic treatment there-couldn't fault it. The post op care was wonderful-better than anything I've experienced here with the NHS. My GP here in the UK was well impressed.

Rosie

henry_vox
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by henry_vox »

Thank you both for you reply, I feel abit better now. I too am booked for a c-sec as I had a emengency one 16 months ago with my son. They also say I need one because of my age (37 and im classed as over the hill).

do you know if many for the staff talk english as my turkish as very poor.

thanks x x

Ozangirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Ozangirl »

Unfortunately there isn't much English used, Dr Tunccevik himself speaks quite good English as does Dr Jinomer, but the staff unfortunately don't. Mind you I also don't speak much Turkish but it was fine. When you have a c-section a nurse stays in the room with you the whole of the first night and insists on feeding and changing the baby to let you rest - take advantage !! I was 38 when I had my second son so I too was considered high risk and old !!

BLUE BUTTERFLY
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by BLUE BUTTERFLY »

Hello henry vox. I am afraid it is just in their nature, turkish people love to make a drama out of everything. A cut finger needs an ambulance.

I am sure everything will go well, I have lived here for 11 years and never heard anything that should worry you.

I wish you all the best and please let us know when the happy event happens.
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

Also too old for kids, but had smears, ultrasounds etc. pleasant staff, if limited English, like my Turkish. Very clean. you will be fine there, good luck

henry_vox
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by henry_vox »

Hi All, Thank you for your replys. they are all really helpful and have put me at ease. all is going well and i am booked in on wednesday at 2pm for the c secton. cant wait to meet our little princess. xx

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

Hi is every thing Ok with your little Princess and how was the hospital?

henry_vox
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by henry_vox »

Little Scarlett arrived at 4.15pm Wednesday weighing 6lb 6oz. The hospital was a really different experience as i as woken up after the c-section with no pain relief and left for hours without any. I am allergic to codine so they did not know what else to give me.

Really glad to be at home with both my babies. X x x

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”