VIPMed Healthcare on the move!

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

nurseawful
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

VIPMed Healthcare on the move!

•   Message 1 of 27 in Discussion

Post by nurseawful »

VIPMed from Monday will be in their new home, behind the Rocks Hotel. If coming past HSBC just before you turn down to the Rocks it will be on your right. Coming down the one way system (High Street) in Girne it's still on your right if that makes sense!!!

There will now be no 24hr emergency cover, after surgery hours until Monday.

Chris

p.s The name VIPMed sadly will no longer exist as now part of Kolan British Hospital. But the move should allow us to give a better service.

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: VIPMed Healthcare on the move!

•   Message 2 of 27 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Good luck with the move, is there any parking there?

muffin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 27 in Discussion

Post by muffin »

Just a couple of queries, firstly location:
Are the new premises actually on the High Street one way system or further down towards the Rocks hotel?
Will the very excellent English type surgery consultation still exist with Dr Turk or are all facilities being absorbed into a hospital?
What is happening to individuals medical records currently held by VIP Med if this is ceasing to exist?

nurseawful
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 27 in Discussion

Post by nurseawful »

muffin wrote:Just a couple of queries, firstly location:
Are the new premises actually on the High Street one way system or further down towards the Rocks hotel?
Will the very excellent English type surgery consultation still exist with Dr Turk or are all facilities being absorbed into a hospital?
What is happening to individuals medical records currently held by VIP Med if this is ceasing to exist?
The new premises are on the High S treet but on the corner where the road goes to the Rocks Hotel. Everything we did at VIP will remain the same except that we have merged with Kolan British and will be able to do a lot more in the new building. Dr Turk, Dr Pembe, Fatos etc will all be there.

All the records, will go with us the only thing we are not taking is the name VIP and that is for reasons I cannot go into on a public forum.

Chris

p.s. There are I believe a couple of free car parks about 100 yards from the new surgery. Not sure about the parking directly in front as I actually have not been down to see it yet.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 27 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Our first appt. with VIPMed is on Friday, does that mean its going to be chaos when we get there? Correct me if I'm wrong, but as you will be so closely involved with the Kolan, wouldn't it be easier for people just to turn up at the Kolan and make an appointment with a Consultant direct in the first place, (cut out the middleman as it were) or am I misunderstanding the situation?

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 27 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

Is it still going to be a clinic like VIP Med was or is it now a small hospital?

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 27 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

If I understand correctly the location it is going to be a very small clinic indeed!! It was previously an estate agent & cannot imagine that the car parks will be free so close to town?? Nightmare getting there with someone who is very ill but that's Cyprus logic for you.

Muad_dib
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Muad_dib »

Is it just me but locating the surgery in the middle of town,where people go when they are ill,without any parking seems totally ridiculous putting it mildly.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 27 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Having considered the queries from other people (as above) I'm getting a bit dubious about our first Friday appointment. Surely their new place can't be what was that tiny little Estate Agent. Hopefully someone will come on soon and reassure us. There are two parking areas down the side road which leads to The Rocks (oje right at the bottom) but they are pay parking (same price as the main municipal) and its a bit steep particularly if patient is in a wheel chair or any other type of orthopaedic problem.

Butterflyaway
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Butterflyaway »

Are you sure that the new Kolan Hospital is really on the "right" if coming from "both" directions?

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

I believe you will find the littie place on the corner is the Office, and the hospital./clinic itself is the large house next door. For me coming down form Girne 'square' the Kolan is the last house on the right before the little office/shop on the corner. Coming the other way, it is on the right when you turn left to go down towards the Rocks (the little office is, but the house./hospital cannot be accessed from that end. One must park and wlak back , or park on the rough ground opposite. That probably sounds confusing, but the house which contains the hospital has got a large sign over it.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 27 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Oh well, we'll pootle up to the old place tomorrow as instructed and see what happens.

Loobyloo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Loobyloo »

Reading this sparked a thought in my head can anyone say what happened with the defibrillators that money was being raised for are they in situ somewhere

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 27 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

The defibs east of Girne are most certainly in situ - not sure who services them, how often etc or if one has been used in anger though.

nurseawful
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 27 in Discussion

Post by nurseawful »

This thread was not about defibs it was about VIPMed moving. Loobyloo and anyone else who wants to know about the defibs or anything else please feel free to e-mail me on [email protected] or better still come and talk to me!

Chris

p.s. FYI I still have them but cannot site them.

nurseawful
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 27 in Discussion

Post by nurseawful »

nurseawful wrote:This thread was not about defibs it was about VIPMed moving. Loobyloo and anyone else who wants to know about the defibs or anything else please feel free to e-mail me on [email protected] or better still come and talk to me!

Chris

p.s. FYI I still have them but cannot site them.
or phone me on 0533 8825621

Loobyloo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Loobyloo »

As public money was raised on a public forum to fund this perhaps it would be appropriate to discuss donating them to some of the voluntary bodies that might be able to make use of them

keepsmiling
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 27 in Discussion

Post by keepsmiling »

My immediate concern is the distance from either car park to the clinic. There will be patients who find walking difficult, especially in this heat and possibly over unsafe paths. The only thing we can do is have a bit of a 'rekky' first and get our bearings. I do hope it all works out for Dr Turk and his staff as they are such a nice lot of people and they have made life so much easier for those with health difficulties - the reassurance and genuine concern is so welcome. Thanks for that.

BLUE BUTTERFLY
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 27 in Discussion

Post by BLUE BUTTERFLY »

I personally am not registered with what was VIP but the elderly diabetic lady who I help is.

At first she was adamant that she would not register with them because they were associated with the Kolan hospital, she had her reasons for this which I will not go into here.

When she discovered that they had finished with the Kolan and were working with the near east university hospital she was quite happy to register with them and after visits to the near eastern, where she found the staff very helpful she is happily managing her diabetes and is confident with the doctor who she saw at VIP.

If I had not seen this information on Kibcom I and the lady would not have been aware of these changes, will all patients be informed of the changes and why they are necessary?

I am worried now that when Lily sees that once again the clinic is associated with Kolan she will not return.

What is the alternative for her?

Maybe, as Sophie suggested, Lily could ''cut out the middleman'' and deal directly with the Near Eastern, such a shame as she liked Dr Turk.
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Floradora
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Floradora »

Would like to say attended the new clinic yesterday. Location is easy to see, easy to park (directly opposite on wasteland) and the team as fantastic and delightful as ever .... Thank you! How lucky we are to have such an excellent resource available to us here.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Asd I understand it VIP no longer exists. What exists is Kolan Hospital, where Dr Turk and the other doctor are now employed.

Also I was told and it is stated in the BRS newsletter that all the VIP Med patients have been informed of the changes. We haven't, and I know of at least twenty people who havenot been notified. Were it not for the fact that I have been involved with write ups for the Kolan, I would not have known that VIP has ceased to exist.

Another difficulty for us is that although there is wasteland opposite, it is not an easy walk over the road for my husband and people such as heand it is not possible to stop outside the Kolan to drop him off without running the risk of being assaulted by the many motorists who would have to wait while I let Alan alight.

So there is good and bad, and we all have to make choices. Personally L liked where VIP med was as easy to park, but they have their reasons for closing.

But Kolan is nice and convenient for people of Kyrenia without having that long drive to Lefkosia, plus of ocurse if one is feeling groggy, a long drive isnot a good thing.

Choice,s choices,choices. But as I say, I have been informed very emphatically that VIP no longer exists. But I am happy to be corrected if I have been wrongly informed.
Maid Marion of Malatya

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

There is an alleyway next to the hospital where you can drop your husband off Marions its only a few steps then and he can wait until you park.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Thanks Deniz, but last time Ilooked there was an ambulance on one side and a car on the other!!!! I guess that is one of the probs with any inner city place - lack of parking.
Maid Marion of Malatya

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I parked about 50 mtrs on the left down the alley there is quite a lot of space there as its used by the Akbank.

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

Had I not read on here about VIP ceasing to exist under that name and moving, I would not have been aware. No official notification.

BLUE BUTTERFLY
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 27 in Discussion

Post by BLUE BUTTERFLY »

Owl Lady wrote:Had I not read on here about VIP ceasing to exist under that name and moving, I would not have been aware. No official notification.
Same here Owl Lady, re Lily.
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

muffin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 27 in Discussion

Post by muffin »

Had to go to Kolan yesterday and found that the waste ground opposite was no longer available for parking. The new car park down the side road was closed off with a chain across the entrance. Drove around the block and eventually parked on the pavement opposite but not ideal. I am disabled and unable to walk up the hill from the Rocks car park so now have a problem when needing to visit Kolan. Seriously thinking of trying a more convenient medical centre.

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”