Dental treatment in Turkey

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Bethany
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Dental treatment in Turkey

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Bethany »

Has anyone had dental work done in Turkey as I have a list of clinics with recommendations etc; from the web. Seems they have lots of foreigners going to Turkey for treatment, implants etc and wondered if anyone here has been there. Prices are lower and the clinics appear to be very well equipped, clean and well staffed. My particular type of implants are not done here in TRNC so I have to go to Istanbul. Any advice or testimonials would be most welcome. A friend had a bad experience with his implant with a female dentist in Girne. Another had a denture repair done with technician in Catalkoy, very poor lasted only 5 weeks!!! The after care seems somewhat lacking too by what I can gather. Further many dentists here make teeth so white that they dazzle! Not good when you are over a certain age as teeth should NOT be sparkling white, just appear false and very obvious.

BLUE BUTTERFLY
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Dental treatment in Turkey

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by BLUE BUTTERFLY »

I have a couple of friends who have had dental work done in Turkey, Hatay, I think. I am not sure if they had implants, but they were more than satisfied with the cleanliness, treatment, price etc. They are on holiday until next week but I will get in touch with them and pass on any information to you asap.
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Bethany
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Bethany »

Thankyou very much

gripon
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by gripon »

Hatay

Marisa
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Marisa »

Does anyone know any details about good dentists in Hatay?

Sewage
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Sewage »

I have been told that you are picked up at the airport and taken to your hotel and treatment starts which they take care of

Marisa
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Marisa »

Thanks !

Muzer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Muzer »

Hi all I can say is my partner had root treatment done in near east at a 1/4 of the price back home was Treated really well and at the 6 month check up the uk dentist asked where it was done good clean job.
I am going through implant treatment with them at the moment and all I can say is they are first class. As I don't live in the TRNC they fit me in when I come over, and on time apart from once when they booked me in on a holiday. Part my fault I had changed my uk home number which they called. They even came in on Saturday morning to check after the implant on the Friday to make sure I was ok. Great service I have experienced.

Bethany
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Bethany »

Wished I had never gone to Turkey. Complete disaster and had to start all over again here. At least i found a dentist who does Staumann implants tho so got sorted eventually. Temelci in Girne. Good and knows his stuff But whole process was very painful. Not like Uk where I never felt any pain at all. My Uk dentist died suddenly otherwise would have gone back to him. He was a marvellous guy and only used Arnica for any dental after pain.

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”