Thank you to all at Kolan Medical Centre and Hospital

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

riverratvb
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Thank you to all at Kolan Medical Centre and Hospital

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by riverratvb »

My husband had a hip replacement, here in the TRNC, in March 2014. In brief, the hip dislocated 3 weeks after the operation and 3 months later he developed DVT and embolisms. In January 2015, having returned from Christmas in UK, my husband sought a second opinion on his general state of health and hip situation, in particular, from the British Kolan Hospital. The care and investigations which ensued were second to none and I can finally say that he is truly on the road to a full recovery. Heart and lungs were sorted and finally the hip. The root cause was that the operated leg was 2cm shorter than the other leg. So, having had the hip joint cleaned of all debris, and fluid; had his shoes built up 2cm; he is now learning to walk again and slowly getting back to normal. It must to be stressed that I do not believe he would have got to this point if it had not been for the tireless perseverance of the various doctors; nursing staff, technicians and general staff of the British Kolan team in Girne and Lefkosa. A special thank you to Dr Bahadir and Dr Tayfun.

DrJohnson_KolanGirne
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Thank you to all at Kolan Medical Centre and Hospital

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by DrJohnson_KolanGirne »

So pleased to hear things are going so well. Great to have some positive feedback for Kolan Hospital. Thank you.

nurseawful
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Thank you to all at Kolan Medical Centre and Hospital

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by nurseawful »

Thank you on behalf of all the staff at Kolan British Hospital and clinic for your kind words riverratvb. It is a pleasure to see your husband happy and healthy once more, and always a pleasure to see you both. People like yourselves make our jobs very worthwhile.

Chris

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”