Near East Joke

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Legin-11
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Near East Joke

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Legin-11 »

8 years I have lived here and it still amazes me how inept this country is at any form of organisation. Unless you want to buy a new Range Rover or buy a house without a Kocan.

Near East University Hospital, what a completely unorganised, inefficient and useless entity that is. They can't even organise a doctor for an appointment on the right day at the right time.

I have no idea who is in charge of administration at this entity but whoever it is it had better be the owners cousin because they are totally incompetent.

Anyway for all those that have had good experiences at this hospital I applaud you and wish you well, and for all those like me that have nothing but poor service I feel your pain.

So I have had my rant and if someone does know who is in charge I would be grateful for their details just so I can shame them into at least acting on my genuine grievances.

Not that I will bother ever going back.

Is it me or am I just p... off with being p...ed about ?

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Near East Joke

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

Went once, wouldn't wish to repeat the exercise. I think they would be more efficient if they sacked 75% of the work force.

Philoz
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Philoz »

I was thinking of signing up at their shiny new clinic.
So,if you need medical treatment ,either on a GP basis, or a hospital basis where do I go?

Recommendations much appreciated.

Loobyloo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Loobyloo »

I think the GP clinic in Kyrenia is excellent better than my UK GP practice by miles, but would have to agree about Hospital I think the nurses qualify in how to use their mobile phones and look suitably bored and disinterested in patients

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I joined the clinic a year ago and had excellent service there Dr. Turk is so kind. Had scans at the main hospital no problems there either.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Dr Turk and his clinic are excellent, but a medical at Near East took a little longer than expected!!!! Two other ladies felt the same. At the end when my blood pressure was taken it was through the roof! And so I was told to monitor it daily. Fortunately it was obviously the experienced that sent mine up by 30%!
But Dr Turk is aware that some patients are not happy and is liaising with the hospital in the hopes they will listen to complaints and tighten up procedures.
The canteen is excellent by the way and reasonably priced!

Seriously, if you have complaints do voice them to the hospital because if no one tells them, how can they know.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

Legin-11
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Legin-11 »

I would be delighted to advise them of their misgivings if someone really cared ? Maybe you have the name of the General Manager or Director of customer services so I could contact them directly ?

I could write to the owner but I suggest he is to busy counting his billions to worry about a few english moaning customers.

I do agree that doctor Turk is a true professional and it's a shame that the other people are not like him.

Agobard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Agobard »

The administration of Near East Hospital is a joke. You are wasting your time even trying to get in touch with anybody to whom you can address a complaint. A close friend came out of Near East a year ago after an operation, only to find that he had a received a free gift while he was there - MRSA! The additional costs of treating this were near enough the same as the operation costs and, have Near East ever admitted to any failings - not likely. It is impossible to contact any person there who has authority to deal with this or similar situations. They simply stonewall and prevaricate. It is a great pity as they have some very good doctors and equipment but, would we use them again,not in a million years!

Loobyloo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Loobyloo »

They don't test for MRSA and hand hygiene is non existent among staff

ozonkoyboy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by ozonkoyboy »

Took me 3 visits & 2 failed attempts to get an MRI scan, each time there was a problem, for what ever reason,then after having my Scan the records went missing, this is after expressing I required them after the scan, I was informed they would be sent to the Gerni Clinic.
Fortunately my condition was not serious, it eventually it got sorted out.
I was however requested by my consulting Physician at the clinic to forward him a letter of complaint to the Main Hospital.
But I can't Fault the Dr, once the scan was located, he Kindly picked it up, made an appointment to see me, now we are on the way to getting my minor problem sorted
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination”

iv_cyprus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by iv_cyprus »

I have been twice within 3 years to NEU hospital in Lefkosa for 2 different issues. Both times they managed to help me in a very professional way. Maybe it is just a matter of chance, but I cannot deny how professional both doctors I met were.

Dr.Turk
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Dr.Turk »

Thank you for all your points of view regarding the NEU Hosp.. I understand that this is a difficult situation for both you and myself.
I understand how disappointing it can be when your expectations are not met and I sincerely apologize .
I will try my best to investigate the situation and rectify the problems as soon as possible. In the meantime I would be grateful for any information you may be able to send me (in writing) regarding the above complaints and I thank you in anticipation to the above.
I am looking forward to hearing from you very soon,

Dr Ozgur Turk

Agobard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Agobard »

Re Dr Turk's posting. I did actually send a PM several weeks ago regarding a complaint against Near East. No reply so far!

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”