sore and aching hands

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

mikelapta
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

sore and aching hands

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by mikelapta »

My lovely gf is chief coffee maker in a restaurant.Most of her working day her hands are in the steam,hot water making coffees.....When home she just wants relief from the constant pain........anyone recommend any oıntment or pills that may reduce the aches ?
Thank you

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: sore and aching hands

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

Maybe the pharmacy can help....... I have found them very helpful when necessary on my visits.

ttoli
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by ttoli »

As a typist my Mother swore by feverfew tablets , It's natural too
(Advertising Restricted)

mikelapta
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by mikelapta »

Ttoli,I remember those too !!!! After my Nain(grandmother) used the dolly on washing day.....Will enquire at chemist.....Yes,chemists so good here but still hoping ex pats can have a known brand İ can google

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

I am not clear whether this pain is due to the effects of hot water and steam on the skill or Repetitive Strain Injury n but either way you really should get professional help -- at least a chemist --, particularly as many of the creams for the latter are not to be used on sore or broken skin.

If it a skin problem she should think about barrier creams or gloves to stop the problem before it starts. If RSI I have found Arnica cream or gel useful for mild bouts - it is available here though expensive and I am sure is common enough to be on Google.

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”