Medication

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Nuggets
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Medication

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Nuggets »

Hi, if insured by medical insurance are you covered for medication, if not is it costly (in general)

ttoli
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Medication

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by ttoli »

Rather depends what you have done
(Advertising Restricted)

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Generally cheaper than UK, e.g. blood pressure tablets less than 4TL for 28 days, Levothyroxine 100mcg 13TL for 100, Ventolin spray 10TL, ibuprofen 400mg 14TL for 84. The main thing is to ask for the Turkish equivalent of the medication. Most things are available without prescription.

Nuggets
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Nuggets »

come_on_aylin wrote:Generally cheaper than UK, e.g. blood pressure tablets less than 4TL for 28 days, Levothyroxine 100mcg 13TL for 100, Ventolin spray 10TL, ibuprofen 400mg 14TL for 84. The main thing is to ask for the Turkish equivalent of the medication. Most things are available without prescription.
Thanks for your reply, I am on quite a bit so it nice to get an idea of the cost. Is it cheaper if you have medical insurance or get a prescription from the GP ?

madeincyprus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by madeincyprus »

Same price weather you have a prescription on not. Not sure what medical insurance will cover here as my mother was not allowed to use hers when was taken ill here at christmas. Sadly after a several thousand pound bill and being convinced she was having panic attacks she died 4 hours after being discharged from the British Kolan Hospital.

Nuggets
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Nuggets »

madeincyprus wrote:Same price weather you have a prescription on not. Not sure what medical insurance will cover here as my mother was not allowed to use hers when was taken ill here at christmas. Sadly after a several thousand pound bill and being convinced she was having panic attacks she died 4 hours after being discharged from the British Kolan Hospital.
Thanks for that, I am very sorry for your loss.

madeincyprus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by madeincyprus »

Thank you. I can say hand on heart that Dr Turk at the Near East Medical centre in Kyrenia is the best doctor on the island. He has alway been fantastic with myself and my small children.

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”