Eye surgery - Lens replacement ?

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

ifonly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Eye surgery - Lens replacement ?

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by ifonly »

Hi Has anyone had Lens Replacement done here (or via Turkey) ? Any feedback would be most welcome as family member is thinking about having it done.

WotNoDeeds
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Eye surgery - Lens replacement ?

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by WotNoDeeds »

I had replacement lens surgery some years ago after reading an article about it in the "Daily Mail". I had it done privately in the UK because at that time it wasn't available in the TRNC so can only give feedback on the actual procedure, which I hope will be helpful. I found the procedure virtually painless. It gave me back perfect eyesight and enabled me to discard my glasses.

cornishoggy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by cornishoggy »

I had lens replacement surgery with an eye surgeon three years ago who has a clinic in the Yasham Hospital at Famagusta and in Girne. brilliant,no glasses drove the next day having had surgery on both eyes. Thoroughly recommended

niceone
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by niceone »

could you give me an estimate of cost please

ifonly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by ifonly »

Thanks Wotnodeeds and Cornishoggy - we were thinking of getting 2 examinations/opinions/costs - 1 from the new Turkish linked medical place on Bellepais Road and also one from Dr Mustafa Guvenir in Lefokosa.
If anyone has an idea on costs or experience of either it would help.

Hippocampus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Hippocampus »

I paid £3500 per eye in the UK 3 years ago, for tri-focal lenses and lasek (not laser) to correct astygmatism. 20/20 vision thereafter. There are a few drawbacks, one of which is halos around lights after dark, especially to begin with. So night driving is a bit of a nightmare at first, but you do get used to it. Another is the possibility of protein build up behind the lenses, which has to be lasered out, which I have at the moment and need to get sorted. Quite frankly, I am frightened to have this sort of thing done here, but will be interested to hear of trustworthy practicioners.

Bethany
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Bethany »

I and friends are interested in having laser treatment so welcome any advice regarding this procedure here. I believe that you go to an optician to have the eye tests then they will tell you what is needed BUT do not do the surgery or give the glasses/contact lenses etc; Apparently, this is fair because they serve to gain nothing from you financially. I would be apprehensive having eye surgery anywhere but needs must.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Dunyagöz hospital in Antalya are world renowned.

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”