Dentist recommendations in Lefcosia?

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

kayc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Dentist recommendations in Lefcosia?

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by kayc »

I'd like to find a dentist here in Lefcosia, that is skilled with implants. English speaker is necessary as I do not speak or understand that much Turkish yet.

I have no idea what dental rates are here, can anyone give me an idea? Extractions? Implants? Dentures?
Dental care is very costly in the USA unless you have dental insurance which is quite costly too I might add!

I've read some encouraging testimonials here in TRNC.

Thanks in advance.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Dentist recommendations in Lefcosia?

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Try the dental department at the Near East university Hospital, it's a teaching facility, they are very thorough and careful. I had fillings and crowns fitted there a year ago, very happy with the treatment and the cost. As a member of the British Residents Society I got 20% off but I think they probably give you discount if you ask for it, the cost for descale and polish was 144TL , same for a white replacement filling and 4 crowns (1 bridge of 3 and 1 single) cost 1728TL, so add 20% on for full price. I think you'll find that the prices in TRNC are very favourable compared to other countries.

MVP
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by MVP »

I have had three implants and three crowns done at the Near East University hospital this year. Excellent staff and equipment.
Prices less than a quarter of the UK.

I think using the NEU is that the staff i assume are salaried, so spent as much time as was needed to get things just right - there seemed no time pressure to get you done and out of the door.

kayc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by kayc »

this is great news. I had 2 implants placed in the US, including the crown - cost $3500.00 EACH.

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

Dental department at the Near East university Hospital, popped to make an appointment showed ADA card, was told I need Antigen test , then come back in 7 days, for dental work. , NO THANKS

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Obviously things have changed due to Covid, I've heard a few dentists are asking for tests. Was this the one in Lefkoşa or Girne?

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

Girne

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”