mri scan

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

phild
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

mri scan

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by phild »

hi,just wondering if anyone knows where to have a mri scan and what sort of price?

regards phil

jackvern
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: mri scan

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by jackvern »

I thinks all the major private hospitals are now equipped,with MRI scans. I was recently at the Suat Gonsel/Near East Hospital in Karakum and they have this equipment. If you pop in there and ask for Eddie on reception he will be able to assist,He is very helpful and speaks good English. Letam in Nicosia opposite the Main hospital also have this facility.
I am not certain of the cost but think it may be in the region of 300/400TL Good luck

carrierbag
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by carrierbag »

I had an MRI at the Near East in Girne last Thursday. It cost TL400 but if you are a BRS member you get discount and it is TL320. Eddie is very helpful.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

In contrast - my daughter had an MRI in the UK last year, seven months waiting time and £550.00 for the MRI. Apparently the NHS have no MRI kit of their own and all MRI's are done by private hospitals and paid for by the NHS, unless you are in a hurry - seems a bit strange.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

woodspeckie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by woodspeckie »

It must depend on which part of the UK you live we have three NHS hospitals within 8 miles of our village all do MRI scans.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

You can more or less walk in off the street and ask for one. I certainly did at NEU, and a friend of mine did the same at the Kaminoglu. The Kaminoglu say they are cheaper than NEU so no discount. The Kolan is also virtually same day service, I understand. The Lefkosa NEU apologized sincerely that I would have to wait half an hour as the person in charge was at lunch and would I please take seat and have coffee and cake in the mean time. Speak as you find re NHS.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

woodspeckie - not disputing your claim at all, I am sure there must be MRI scanners within the NHS (probably located close to where MPs live) but I think they must be in selective areas. My daughter lives in the Sheffield area were I thought there would be no problem but she still had to wait. The thing I find astounding is "we have three NHS hospitals within 8 miles of our village all" why have that many hospitals is such a small area and then complain that there is no money available for the NHS? Just don't seem logical to me, not complaining because I don't live in UK nor make use of the NHS at all but it is strange!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

woodspeckie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by woodspeckie »

Two are in Merseyside, first one 3 miles away another 6miles, one in Cheshire our County 4 miles, we have a choice although our County is Cheshire we can choose to go to the Merseyside hospitals, we generally usually use the one 6 miles away it has a shorter waiting list it's a large hospital, also my hubby had operation at Aintree hospital in Liverpool.

phild
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by phild »

thankyou for all the replies very informative,think i will drop in at near east when i am out.

many thanks phil

steve66
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by steve66 »

Hi
Could someone tell me where the Suat/Gonsel / Near East Hospital in Karakum is.
I would be coming from the Esentepe area.
I to am wanting a MRI scan. (back problems).
Thanks

kayc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by kayc »

Comparing costs of an MRI in the United States.... 300-400TL is a steal!

In the USA, an MRI scan of the lower back (as an example) will set you back over $3,000.00

That's how out of control, and out of reach of most citizen's budget the health care system is in America!!!

Thank your lucky stars for the good healthcare system here. WOW.

Want to look up some other procedure or review this estimate? Check it out! It'll blow you away! https://costestimator.mayoclinic.org/ca ... tType=self

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Geordie wrote:Hi
Could someone tell me where the Suat/Gonsel / Near East Hospital in Karakum is.
I would be coming from the Esentepe area.
I to am wanting a MRI scan. (back problems).
Thanks
Drive towards Girne. On your right will be the Red Ribbon (was The Stroll Inn) turn right immediately after the site. It is signed with the usual blue/white sign for a hospital and is also the site of a Girne University campus. The hospital is located in the northern part of the site (closest to the sea).

steve66
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by steve66 »

Thanks for the directions.

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”