Private hospita

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Private hospita

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

The private hospitals have no back up after operation for colostomy my wife is suffering daily and no help on hand it seems the private hospitals are only concerned with doing an operation but not aftercare

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Private hospita

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

Hi michelle,
One of our friends had similar (No after care) treatment, after open heart surgery.
And it wasn't cheap.
Suggest anyone going private, confirms what they are getting for their cash.
Also, final bill for our friend was app 20,000Tl more than quote!

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

I am afraid that is the norm here, hospitals (private or otherwise) do not have nurses, almoners etc. and do not normally offer aftercare. This is part of the culture of a country which still relies on the extended family : and expects the expats to look after their own, which sadly they do not unless you are a member of a special clique.

Have you spoken to North Cyprus Cancer Charity TRust. ? They may be able to help or advise. Sorry I have looked for their phone number but cannot find it (it is not in the back of Cyprus Today or the ST. Andrews Magazine which are my normal sources of emergency numbers). However maybe someone else here could will read this and give it , or you could pm or email them from here, or perhaps visit one of their shops?

katecornwell
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by katecornwell »

When my mum had a hip operation at Kamalou or what ever it is called - the one nearest HSBC - mum was 81 and she had wonderful care! couldnt fault them.

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

Bash Kent at Gonyeli looked after my wife when she was there on three occasions. The medical side was also first class.

Rubyroo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Rubyroo »

michelle wrote:The private hospitals have no back up after operation for colostomy my wife is suffering daily and no help on hand it seems the private hospitals are only concerned with doing an operation but not aftercare
I had this done and reversed at Kamiglololu by Dr Voral, he is amazing. I sent you a pm in case I can help ease your wife's mind about her op...

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”