Health Insurance in TRNC

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Health Insurance in TRNC

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

As said on several threads, medical insurance depends on your age when you wish to take it out. We have fully comp insurance with Ğüneş sigorta but we took it out fifteen years ago. After having it for ten years with no claims the company said they would cover us for the rest of our lives. We did have a huge claim two years ago for my husband so we did wonder if they would keep their word. They did and he only lost a couple of hundred lira no claims bonus. So if you are young enough I would recommend them but you have to be under, I think, sixty.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Very difficult if not impossible. Not a good risk at that age are we? Also you may find that they'll (perhaps) insure you for a few years then tell you there is an upper age limit. Good luck anyway. Health is not a cheap option any more.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Upper age limit for all health insurance I have looked for here is 70, I guess after then you are not worth saving anyway! Tried to get health insurance via the UK as well but was told the same thing - 70 is the limit if you are just starting with insurance AND you must live in the UK as well, so there was two points against getting any straight away. Funny that the Government don't write you off for paying Income Tax at 70 - now that would be nice! Maybe I should have posted this reply under the "Jokes" section.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”