Vascular surgery

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

taurus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Vascular surgery

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by taurus »

As I have been refused funding on the NHS for removal of varicose veins, has anyone had or know of anyone who has had any procedure performed by a vascular surgeon here in North Cyprus. Any imformation would be much appreciated. Thank you

Sportyboy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Vascular surgery

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Sportyboy »

Try the new Dr Gunsel University Hospital, they are recommended. I am waiting for a new knee operation, which is priced reasonable, compared to most. Try looking at Internet for them, with pics & names of all Physicians.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

taurus wrote:As I have been refused funding on the NHS for removal of varicose veins, has anyone had or know of anyone who has had any procedure performed by a vascular surgeon here in North Cyprus. Any imformation would be much appreciated. Thank you
I do not want to appear patronising. However, like restaurant recommendations, personal views change according to a host of circumstances (change of chef, menu items not available, insufficient staff, too loud music etc, likewise medical advice is subject to the same quandary. My advice would be to visit a number of providers, seek 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinions. You do not indicate a geographical area but I suggest you include Lefkosa centres in your research. Then YOU can make an informed decision based upon your findings. I wish you success and hope you will post your findings and experience of the procedure, post-op care and rough cost estimate so others may benefit.

taurus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by taurus »

Thank you Sportyboy for your helpful feedback

Charlotte55
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Charlotte55 »

Did you find anyone if you don't mind me asking
Charlotte

taurus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by taurus »

Hi Charlotte. I've been in the UK since posting on the forum but I have decided to have the surgery in the UK in the summer.

Charlotte55
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Charlotte55 »

Thanks for letting me know

medicalporthospital
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by medicalporthospital »

taurus wrote:As I have been refused funding on the NHS for removal of varicose veins, has anyone had or know of anyone who has had any procedure performed by a vascular surgeon here in North Cyprus. Any imformation would be much appreciated. Thank you
Hello Taurus,

Dr. Çağın ZAIM (Cardiovascular Surgeron) has started to accept patients on thursdays at Medical Port Tunççevik Hospital. I'm sure he will be able to answer any questions you have.
Have a nice day.

Dr. Emre VUDALI
http://www.medicalporttunccevik.com/en/

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”