Gynaecology Dept at Girne Public Hospital

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

MoBry
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Gynaecology Dept at Girne Public Hospital

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by MoBry »

I need to see a gynacologist and wondered whether you can make an appointment at the gynaecology dept at Girne Public Hospital or whether you have to turn up early to get a number and queue. Also, does anyone know the days the dept operates?
Do your best to grow old disgracefully.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Gynaecology Dept at Girne Public Hospital

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

Dr Hasan Akcam is there on Thursday and Friday mornings. There is a lady gynaecologist there every day too. Dr Hasan does the surgical work. You do have to go and get a ticket and wait your turn. Reception is at the back of the polyclinic, it costs 15TL. It wasn't too bad this morning, he was finished at 10.30am. My wife saw him upstairs in the ward at 11am for a free checkup after a recent op. You will be in very good hands and treatment is very cheap.

MoBry
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by MoBry »

Thanks very much for that information. Very helpful! I did go to a private hospital who were helpful but couldn't afford the costs of an operation, particularly after reading the small print and seeing that additional costs can be added as deemed necessary!

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

I did post information recently about the cost of my wife's treatment. If you didn't see it I'm sure the search facility will help you find it. There is a whiteboard in reception, by the way, that shows which doctors are on on which days.

MoBry
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by MoBry »

Great - thanks for the info, very handy to know. I appreciate your prompt and helpful response!

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”