Doctor's Charges

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

MoBry
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Doctor's Charges

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by MoBry »

Does anyone know what doctor's charges are these days? I know I read on Cyprus44 a while back that TL60 was the going rate but wondered if it was still the same. And can you recommend any particular doctor? I possibly have thyroid problems and I'd like to find one who actually listens to you. Thanks for any help, folks.
Do your best to grow old disgracefully.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Doctor's Charges

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Dr Sinem at the Green clinic Girne 100ytl she is very good.Sorry no phone number but its down the road where the teachers hotel is.

MoBry
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by MoBry »

Thanks very much, will look her up.

annanirvanna
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by annanirvanna »

Hi MoBry. For the last 20 years I have suffered from Hypo-thyroidism (under-active thyroid). A blood test was done and established I had an under active thyroid. The result determined the thyroid level I was at and the amount of dosage of Thyroxin tablets I was required to take each day. Every 6 months a blood test is required - that checks that the tablets are managing the thyroid levels within acceptable parameters or whether the dosage needs to be reduced or increased.

Since taking my medication I don't even notice I have this problem so do not be worried, you will be OK. Just get the checkup done and the right dosage of medication will soon sort you out (whether you have under or over active thyroid dis-function).

The one good thing I got as a result of my thyroid dis-function when I still lived in the UK was that I was eligible for free prescriptions and was given a prescription exemption card. That was great for all the years I was in the UK as it covered ALL prescriptions for whatever - yet something else lost when I left the UK

Wishing you all the best and hope you keep well - my thoughts will be with you

andrew4232
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by andrew4232 »

Dr Şilem Ozdenkci based at Green clinic her number is 0533 832 8772 she takes some beating
Karaman, its not all wax jackets and green wellies anymore

MoBry
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by MoBry »

Thank you all very much for your replies, you guys are great with providing information! @ annanirvanna - thanks also for that info. I've had a recent test which shows my thyroid is supposedly okay, but my thyroid antibodies are sky-high (rising from 500 to 1100 now) and climbing so I really want to speak to a doctor who'll discuss my situation and LISTEN! I'll certainly get in contact with the good doctor and get her views on what is going on.

annanirvanna
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by annanirvanna »

You are very welcome MoBry - fingers crossed you will get a good Dr who will find out what's going on & get you sorted ASAP. Send me a wee PM to let me know the outcome. Again, my thoughts will be with you - all the very best to you

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”