Removal of cataract by laser in TRNC

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Removal of cataract by laser in TRNC

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

Hi,
Has anyone had this done here in recent times? If so where, approximate cost and was patient care to a good standard?

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Removal of cataract by laser in TRNC

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I had both of mine done but by Ultrasound. Cyprus Eye Clinic in Girne. Patient care was excellent and still is. Cost was £800 per eye but if you are a member of the BRS you may receive a discount, I did.

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

Thanks Chriss, most helpful.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Di you have to have any medical checks before hand?

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Sorry for the delay. I replied earlier but must have pressed the back button before it posted.

Only thing I had to have was a blood test. Everything was all done within three days. Called in without an appointment on the Monday was seen straight away and the Doctor examined me and she told me that she could do both of my eyes if the blood tests were ok. Had the blood test on the Tuesday took the results in that day and was told the op would be the following day.

So on the Wednesday I went in, had loads of eye drops before the op and then it took around 20 minutes to complete. Went back the next day for a check up which was OK, took my eye patch off and told that the other eye would be done on the following Wednesday if all was still OK with the first one. It was and both are now done and I am signed off after numerous checks and four weeks of eye drops.

As an added bonus the op has reduced the pressure in my eyes so I am no longer needing eye drops for Glaucoma. I will still have checks to ensure that remains that way though. I could not recommend the Clinic high enough and everything was done with total professionalism.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Thank you.

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”