Corrective Eye Surgery

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Corrective Eye Surgery

•   Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

Can anyone recommend a doctor/hospital that does corrective eye surgery? A guide price would be useful too.
I understand that one eye is done at a time (just in case!) if so, what is the minimum waiting period before having the second eye done? Is there any limitation on flying after the op?
Thanks.

faro
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Corrective Eye Surgery

•   Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

Post by faro »

Hi.

Give this guy a call and make an appointment . He is very good.

Dr MUSTAFA GÜVENİR
ŞHT. ALİ HASİP SOKAK NO:19/2 ORTAKÖY LEFKOŞA
North Cyprus
K.K.T.C.

Tel: +90 (392) 223-66-40

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

Thanks faro.

cylynda
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

Post by cylynda »

I got new lenses in both my eyes and results are brilliant. I used Dr Hussain Serdarorgullari. His number is 0090 533 837 8887. 2 off my friends have used him too and delighted.

aerhere
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

Post by aerhere »

Dr Hussain is a wonderfully talented eye surgeon. He performed my eye surgery and I have every confidence in him.

lee666
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

Post by lee666 »

Couple of good recommendations there but as in the original post, is anyone willing to give a guide price per eye ??

TIA
"The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

It is difficult to give a price unless the type of surgery is specified. I had cataracts done at £800 per eye. Second eye done the week after the first and no mention of not flying. Laser treatment would be different of course.

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

I have preliminary appointments with both Dr Mustapha and Dr Hussain. Will report on prices etc when I have spoken with them.

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

I have now been to Dr Mustapha in Lefkosa and Dr Hussein at the Kamiloglu Hospital in Girne. Both charge 150TL for an eye examination to confirm that surgery is an option.

Dr Hussein - very pleasant and very thorough with modern equipment. He charges 8000TL per eye and does not have a prohibitive waiting list. He recommends about 10 days between eye ops.

Dr Mustapha - impressive new offices with modern equipment. He charges 7000TL per eye, but requires you to have a blood test and possibly a chest Xray first. Also very thorough and professional. Not quite so friendly, but I do not think that is a factor. He is heavily booked up though and requires a one month wait between the eye ops.

I am torn between the two, but will probably opt for Dr Hussein simply because he is closer, is not heavily booked up and does not require me to go to the hospital to have blood tests and chest Xray.

They both offer similar products in the way of replacement lenses.

Hope this is of use to others.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Thank you for the information.

It occurs to me to wonder whether the additional checks/tests are actually recommended 'worldwide ' as part of 'due diligence', and whether omitting them was negligent - a question to ask , perhaps?

Philoz
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Philoz »

Maybe Mustapha is more full up because he is better.
If you are looking for a good restaurant that serves the best food would you go to the empty one,or maybe the one with the big queue outside-just a thought.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

I can certainly recommend Dr Hussain

My dad had a particularly difficult cataract and needed a few follow up visits but it’s been very successful

He is very diligent

My dad did have pre op tests

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

Well, I opted for Dr Hussein in Girne as it was more convenient. He has been excellent. First eye done just over a week ago and the second done yesterday, a week after the first. Lots of eye drops for half an hour or so before the op, then 25 minutes or so 'on the table'. A strange sensation, no pain just some discomfort. Then eye drops at varying intervals for the next 3 weeks in each eye. Am very pleased with the first eye and the second eye is settling down nicely. It is great to be able to discard all the paraphernalia connected with contact lenses and glasses. Should have had it done years ago. The cost was 8000TL per eye.

tingtang
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

Post by tingtang »

My wife and I recently had eye surgery - see my post here.....
http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... 02#p218202

Making a choice of Surgeons is a difficult one because it is an experience that those who have been before you encounter only once in a lifetime so there is no way to compare one surgeon with another so we rely on recommendations and in my research of previous reports on this Forum there were no bad reports of any Surgeon, in fact nothing but praise, so the only difference we can determine between one or another is that of price

Our experience was in accord with others who have been very satisfied with the treatment, hospital equipment and conditions etc. it would appear to be the same Operating Theatre used by Dr Mustapha Gunevir mentioned above.
As I mentioned before Dr Olay has excellent English, a friendly disposition which puts you at ease.

My wife was 100% successful and now has her new glasses, I am not so fortunate as the cataract was not my sole problem, I require further treatment and the follow up care from Dr Olay has been excellent.

Good luck with your operations I'm sure they will go well whomesoever you choose
Work is the curse of the drinking classes.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I saw Dr Huseyin two weeks ago and he told me a cataract op would be around 4000 tl depending on the exchange rate at the time as they have to purchase the lenses.

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

MY wife has just had Dr Hussain in Girne do her eye which only had 10% vision due to the cataract. She has astigmatism problems and a very thin cornea. He was so precise in all the measurements and the outcome was a toric implant. The operation was painless, a bit disconcerting as she did not know what to expect. It took a little longer than usual at 25 to 30 minutes but the result was amazing. She has better vision now in that eye than she has ever had in her lifetime. The other eye will be done in January as we are away for Christmas. WE have no hesitation in recommending Dr Hussain and the cost was £800 for the first eye.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I have to see him again in January. He has just diagnosed me with gluacoma so i am having several drops in my eyes every day to lower the pressure. Another doctor missed it. Cataract surgery to follow when I have the money!

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Your cataract surgery may alleviate the Glaucoma as it did mine. The drain hole gets blocked and often when the lens is replaced it is fine again. Mine is for the moment but I am still having regular checks to make sure it stays that way.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Fingers crossed then. The pressure has dropped some but apparently I will have to use the drops for ever.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Agreed fingers crossed. I was told not to use my drops but had my pressures checked tow or three times over a period of a couple of months and it was still where it should be. Have it checked again next month but back in the UK in the New Year to see the Consultant for my regular check up so will be interesting to see what he says. There is an operation where they in basic terms drill out the drain hole to free it up. Sounds painful and that often alleviates the need for eye drops so I am hoping that the work I have had done has worked it's magic and can be free of treatment.

I must say that having the cataracts removed from both eyes has made my life so much better and well worth the money which was considerably less than it would have been in the UK. It is no longer like looking at everything through a set of net curtains.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I only have net curtains on one eye at the moment lol

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”