Duty Chemists

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Duty Chemists

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I needed to find out the duty chemist last week and went by the C2D information. They were closed. Maybe the paper had had been given the wrong information, I have no idea. I mentioned this to my local pharmacist this morning who gave me the following: kteb.org. Apparently this is the official Government web site for chemists and is always up to date. Even if you don't recognise the actual address, you can then Google it and obtain a map. Hope it helps.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Duty Chemists

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Turkcell do have a text service to help you locate your nearest duty pharmacist, but I don't have my TRNC 'phone with me at the moment, so I can't tell you what number to text unfortunately - sorry about that, but someone is bound to know...

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

It has been explained to me that both C2D and Cypruscene and others have lists of duty chemists. The reason I mention kteb.org is because our Duty Chemist was not open as published. My local lady pharmacist explained that sometimes both English and Turkish speaking papers had either incorrect addresses or phone numbers whereas kteb.org is always amended and updated. I haven't yet needed to use this service to check it out but I'll certainly make a note for the future.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

There's usually a list displayed on the doors or Windows of the Chemist showing details of that weeks duty chemist also.

Misswolves
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Misswolves »

sophie wrote:I needed to find out the duty chemist last week and went by the C2D information. They were closed. Maybe the paper had had been given the wrong information, I have no idea. I mentioned this to my local pharmacist this morning who gave me the following: kteb.org. Apparently this is the official Government web site for chemists and is always up to date. Even if you don't recognise the actual address, you can then Google it and obtain a map. Hope it helps.
Thanks Sophie, this is very helpful.

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”