Replacement Hip Operation

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Sunnyjim
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Replacement Hip Operation

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Sunnyjim »

Has anyone recently had a Hip Replacement Operation in any hospital in North Cyprus? Can you give me a rough guide to the price paid and recommendations? I know I need one but need to know how much sterling, approximately, to transfer/bring over in readiness. Many thanks.

Karakum
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Replacement Hip Operation

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Karakum »

I would have no hesitation in recommending Dr Hajichristofis in the south in Nicosia. I know several people including myself who have been to him for hip replacements. His secretary number is +357 99 436207.

katecornwell
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by katecornwell »

Hi

Am having mine done in October at Kamiloglu hospital - Dr Huseyin Kalgay. He did my mothers a few years ago as well. You need to negotiate the price they will start off at 6,000 pounds got it reduced considerably!!! As they say dont ask dont get!!

Best of luck

nginea
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by nginea »

You will be looking in the region £4500 to £5000 in the North, maybe more with the pound strength at the moment. In the South you will be looking in the region of 8000 Euro - 8500 Euro. Please ensure that you fully research the type of hip they are going to fit in the North as some are from China Bazzar, whereas the ones in the South are in the region of Euro 3000 - 3500 just for the components. I will also endorse Dr Hadjichristofis at the Apollonian Hospital. Check out their web site for his CV.

Loobyloo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Loobyloo »

Do ask about the type of hip ideally you want a ceramic head there are concerns that in some instances the metal surfaces rubbing are causing some form of black deposits in the tissue surrounding. Go on line and do some research.

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”