A news report on the Sinovac vaccine

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

Re: A news report on the Sinovac vaccine

•   Message 51 of 59 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

ETS, i believe that everybody here got the sense of that what i wrote, except you.

again for you.. it seems you need some time...
without a vaccine or medicine we all will die at given case fatality rate (as reported from different institutes around the world) from covid19.
with lockdown, the lot: later.
without lockdown, masks , the lot: very much sooner (and even higher CFR).

got it now?

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 52 of 59 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Brazen wrote:
Thu 14 Jan 2021 4:09 pm

But the first more strict lockdown eradicated the virus from the north and kept total cases down to just under 140. We are now approaching 1900 this time round without any strict measures in place so does this not show that lockdown work? Seems to me that a lockdown this time of the year would do less long term damage than letting the figures increase further necessitating one nearer to the start of the tourist season.
To cause further long term damage to the standing of the TRNC, I note that the new president is playing politics with our lives and going to refuse the Eu vaccine if not supplied directly rather than via the RoC. Unbelievable!
Eradicated the virus and then we opened up as we had to do eventually and back it came.
Re the number of cases, seasonality is a massive factor. You could very well say we locked down just as it would have abated anyway.
Re the cases, 1900 but how many deaths?

Re the president I get your point but given the political situation between the South and North I can understand why he doesn't want to put that much power in the hands of those who generally aren't overly helpful. You could say he is playing politics or you could say he isn't going to give others the chance to play politics? We get all our vaccines delivered to the South and they decide to play silly buggers, will we be able to simply ask for some more as that didn't work out too well?
I can't see it is beyond the logistics to deliver the vaccine direct or at least via Turkey tbh.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 53 of 59 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

kibsolar1999 wrote:
Thu 14 Jan 2021 4:31 pm
ETS, i believe that everybody here got the sense of that what i wrote, except you.

again for you.. it seems you need some time...
without a vaccine or medicine we all will die at given case fatality rate (as reported from different institutes around the world) from covid19.
with lockdown, the lot: later.
without lockdown, masks , the lot: very much sooner (and even higher CFR).

got it now?
So 1.1 million people in the UK and two million people in Germany? Just the over 70s?

So that would make this far more virulent than Spanish flu which killed 228,000 out of a population of just less than 40 million in 1918 when life expectancy was half of what it was today? At a time when the population was coming out of a World War?
OK I've got it.
Yes I'm sure you are absolutely right!
I don't want to be alarmist.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 54 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Another report now says 50.4% effective.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 55 of 59 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

look, ETS,
i told you that numbers are maybe down... mainly because of dark figures, but the cfr did not change a lot.
these are not "my" numbers. these numbers come from virologists, mathematical calculations and actual reported cases.
tell THEM that they are "absolutely right", not me.
these numbers are the reason why even BJ changed his mind.
tell HIM that he is "absolutely right", not me.

for 2020, excess mortality in the UK is up 13%, in germany 3% (exact numbers most probably available in 5 month...), but in week 50 excess mortality in germany was 23%.... in some areas (saxony) 88%.... and a change is not to be seen...
in germany with lockdown the lot every day 1000 die from corona. we could go on like it for the rest of 2021 and we end up with 365k + 40k till today. same in the UK, even worse.
the vaccines are the "last chance" to come back to normal. any doubts about the safety of these, especially mRNA, is ok, but what choice you have. eg, your mum?
and still we need the lockdowns for some month, as, as one virologist mentioned: if we do not have strong lockdowns right now, the wave is quicker as our vaccination schedule.

yes, sars cov 2 IS virulent, but you can not compare covid and the spanish (US) flu, as it attacked mainly the younger!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 56 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

More comment on the Sinovac vaccine (Coronavac) from CNN

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 57 of 59 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

sinovacs Coronavac got approval in... china.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 58 of 59 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

kibsolar1999 wrote:
Sat 06 Feb 2021 6:20 pm
sinovacs Coronavac got approval in... china.
Your point being????

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 59 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Irony, I suspect, mrsgee! ;)

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”