Consultancy charges at DR Suat Hospital

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Consultancy charges at DR Suat Hospital

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

Is there anywhere that I can find out the standard charges for consultations, examinations etc.? Do they also offer a discount for BRS members?

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Consultancy charges at DR Suat Hospital

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

It is about £20 or the tl equivalent and yes they do offer a BRS discount.

Just checked and 216tl this week.

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

Well that's less than I paid. 472 tl with aBRS discount on on 7 Jan.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

judyvin wrote:
Thu 14 Jan 2021 9:52 am
Well that's less than I paid. 472 tl with aBRS discount on on 7 Jan.
To quote the second opinion joke - you must of "had the lab report and the cat-scan"

A woman brought a very limp duck to a veterinary surgeon. As she laid her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird’s chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, “I’m sorry, your duck, Cuddles, has passed away.”

The distressed woman wailed, “Are you sure?”

“Yes, I am sure. Your duck is dead,” replied the vet.

“How can you be so sure?” she protested. “I mean you haven’t done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something.”

The vet sighed, turned around and left the room. He returned a few minutes later with a old dog. As the duck’s owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the duck from top to bottom. He then looked up at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head.

The vet patted the dog on the head and took it out of the room. A few minutes later he returned with a cat. The cat jumped on the table and also delicately sniffed the bird from head to foot. The cat sat back on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and strolled out of the room.

The vet looked at the woman and said, “I’m sorry, but as I said, this is most definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck.”

He turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill, which he handed to the woman. The duck’s owner, still in shock, took the bill. “$150!” she cried, “$150 just to tell me my duck is dead?!?”

The vet shrugged. “I’m sorry. If you had just taken my word for it, the bill would have been $20, but with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan, it’s now $150.”

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

They charge what they fancy on the day,go elsewhere it's a big business

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

Who is the best neurosurgeon?

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Hammerhead wrote:
Thu 14 Jan 2021 2:24 pm
Actually there prices are advertised on literature easily obtained. I found their prices to be very reasonable but of course some may prefer to shop around for a better deal. I prefer to go where I believe I will be treated well by professionals in a modern and clean environment.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Thu 14 Jan 2021 5:38 pm
Hammerhead wrote:
Thu 14 Jan 2021 2:24 pm
Actually there prices are advertised on literature easily obtained. I found their prices to be very reasonable but of course some may prefer to shop around for a better deal. I prefer to go where I believe I will be treated well by professionals in a modern and clean environment.
The treatment of my wife was not to the standard I would expect from private as you call them professionals, she has now passed due to negligence
From professionals (:"()

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Hammerhead I am sorry to hear that. However the discussion was about prices and my point remains in that their prices are published for consultations and examinations.

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”