Lens replacement surgery - recommendations please

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

ifonly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Lens replacement surgery - recommendations please

Post by ifonly »

Hi. Can anyone share their experiences of having lens replacement surgery here please. MOH is seriously thinking of having it done as he is so fed up with contact lens and glasses - any recommendations as to the best person/clinic to go to would be great.
Many thanks.

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Lens replacement surgery - recommendations please

Post by Panchocat »

I know people who have used Dr Hatice at Cyprus eye clinic and also at the Kamilologlu hospital. All happy with their results.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Chriswright03 »

Plus one for Cyprus Eye clinic.

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by PapaBravo »

Dr Husseyn at the Kamiloglu Hospital is excellent. He did my wife's and my lens replacement. Couldn't be more satisfied.

disean
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by disean »

Dr Husseiyn at Kamiloglu hospital is brilliant !!

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Deniz1 »

Definitely Dr. Huseyin Cyprus eye clinic misdiagnosed me hes been trying to put it right ever since.

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hair Cut »

Panchocat wrote:
Sun 21 Feb 2021 5:21 pm
I know people who have used Dr Hatice at Cyprus eye clinic and also at the Kamilologlu hospital. All happy with their results.
I went to Dr. Hatice, an elderly woman by the traffic lights She told me I had cataracts in both eyes that should be removed. She quoted me £600 per eye and that she could start on my left eye that afternoon !!!
I told her that I would have to think about it. Talking to some friends they said I should get a second opinion and recommended Dr. Huseyin at Kamilologlu hospital, I had to wait a week for an appointment. The charge was 130 lira as opposed to Dr Hatice 200 Lira. The examination was so thorough it took over 1 hour as opposed to 20 minutes by Dr Hataice. His equipment is state of the art.

His conclusion was that yes I did have cataracts but they in such an early stage he would not touch them and at my age, I probably would not need them touched at all.

When I said that Dr Hatice wanted to operate that afternoon, he said "What lenses was she going to use ?"

I would be very wary of Dr Hatice and always get a second opinion or go and see Dr. Huseyin at Kamilologlu hospital, in the first place.

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by terry2366 »

I agree with haircut as had the same problem with her, I went to Dr Guvener in Lefkosia

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Panchocat »

Haircut. I said I know people who have used both the Eye Clinic and the Kamilologlu.
They have all been satisfied by their chosen venue. Of course it's a good idea to have more than one opinion.
I wouldn't describe Hatice as elderly though and perhaps she could take exception to your comments with the new laws on what can be said on social media forums, when naming people negatively.
It is who you have confidence in at the end of the day.
Everyone raves about a certain dentist on here but both my husband and I have had awful experiences with that person. Each to their own choices at the end of the day.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by snd1966 »

Panchocat wrote:
Fri 26 Feb 2021 10:12 pm
Haircut. I said I know people who have used both the Eye Clinic and the Kamilologlu.
They have all been satisfied by their chosen venue. Of course it's a good idea to have more than one opinion.
I wouldn't describe Hatice as elderly though and perhaps she could take exception to your comments with the new laws on what can be said on social media forums, when naming people negatively.
It is who you have confidence in at the end of the day.
Everyone raves about a certain dentist on here but both my husband and I have had awful experiences with that person. Each to their own choices at the end of the day.
Well said!
Remember you only have one set of eyes so check out all recommendations
Good luck

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Chriswright03 »

Well my eyes are fine and they were done by a not elderly Hatice as well. Elderly depends on your own age I think.

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hair Cut »

I think my post about the Eye clinic had three points excluding the good lady's age.

1. To ask for payment of £600 in sterling. This drives me mad we are in the TRNC where the currency is Turkish lira.

2. The equipment that the eye clinic could be classed as antique compared to the equipment at The Kamilologlu.

3. She was willing to operate that afternoon, and as Dr Huseyin said "What lens was she going to use". Does she keep the correct one for you in stock, I don't think so.

I'm sorry if I upset "Panchocat" perhaps it might have been better if I had said she was "No Spring Chicken"

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Chriswright03 »

Hair Cut wrote:
Sat 27 Feb 2021 9:25 am
I think my post about the Eye clinic had three points excluding the good lady's age.

1. To ask for payment of £600 in sterling. This drives me mad we are in the TRNC where the currency is Turkish lira.

2. The equipment that the eye clinic could be classed as antique compared to the equipment at The Kamilologlu.

3. She was willing to operate that afternoon, and as Dr Huseyin said "What lens was she going to use". Does she keep the correct one for you in stock, I don't think so.

I'm sorry if I upset "Panchocat" perhaps it might have been better if I had said she was "No Spring Chicken"
About point 1. Have you not bought a car here or a property? They are normally in Sterling.

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hair Cut »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Sat 27 Feb 2021 10:52 am
Hair Cut wrote:
Sat 27 Feb 2021 9:25 am

About point 1. Have you not bought a car here or a property? They are normally in Sterling.
Yes and Yes, but not paid for a medical procedure in Sterling, does the two words "Tax evasion" come to mind?

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Deniz1 »

All my eye treatments are paid in TL

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by benjaminbutton »

Deniz1, so were mine both in Ankara and Lefkosia. Very suspicious when they quote in GDP.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Sat 27 Feb 2021 1:57 pm
Deniz1, so were mine both in Ankara and Lefkosia. Very suspicious when they quote in GDP.

I hope that's a typo!!!!

ifonly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by ifonly »

Thank you everyone - certainly food for thought and we will take on board the positive and negative . Think i know where we will be avoiding as we have received several messages also about problems/issues.

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”