Burhan state hospital.

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

faro
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Burhan state hospital.

Post by faro »

Morning all. Need to pay a visit to the Burhan State Hospital Nicosia. Never been before. Do you just turn up in the morning. This is of course after finding out which Doctor to see. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks. B.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Burhan state hospital.

Post by come_on_aylin »

Call 1101 and ask for an English speaker. I spoke to a very helpful chap yesterday. If you already have a number in their system an appointment can be made, if not you should be advised how to get one (this can be done in Girne).

The list of specialities, doctors and their days of attendance are here
http://bndh.gov.ct.tr/tr/poliklinik

Years ago you could just turn up (very early, people used to get there at 6am!) , take a ticket, get allocated an appropriate doctor, pay then wait to see the doctor. Don't know if that is still possible but it wasn't a pleasant experience.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by benjaminbutton »

come_on_aylin, I can remember those days and yes, it was extremely unpleasant and tainted my opnion of TC's. I once got there at 6.15 in order the join the queue for a ticket. At 6.45 I actually got to the top of the queue, having watched some people getting 6 or more numbers. I sat in a queue in a corridor in a wheel chair for over three hours when eventually a security man pulled the wheel chair and took me to the top of the queue, because someone had informed him that some people were saying "she isn't one of us, just get in front of her" I've never set foot in the building since, but I gather things have changed for the better.!!

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by come_on_aylin »

I used to go so often with various people one of the lads on the doctor allocation desk used to beckon me over and give me a ticket. It was quite unusual for a Brit to be hanging around so I guess he took pity and was pleased to practice his English.

faro
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by faro »

Hi all. Thanks for the info. Sorted now.

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”