WHO WOULD YOU SUPP0RT?

Talk about sport in or out of the TRNC. Find out about Karate Classes, local football matches, Scuba Diving ... and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

BLUE BUTTERFLY
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

WHO WOULD YOU SUPP0RT?

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by BLUE BUTTERFLY »

Those of you who have moved here permanently or are going to. Do you still refer to where you came from as 'home' or have you totally 'embraced' North Cyprus?

Where do your loyalties now lie?

Highly unlikely I know, but if the next football world cup final was between the country that you originated from and North Cyprus, which flag would you be flying
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: WHO WOULD YOU SUPP0RT?

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Being uk born TC I would honestly say I would fly North Cyprus Flag but my brothers I am sure would fly British flag. I am sure most brits will fly their own flag, only natural if you ask me.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Can't stand the Game!

A load of grown men, kicking a sewn-up bladder round a field! - Where's the fun in that?

Now if they were to play the real, original game: -

Football #1 – The Human Head
It is believed that the earliest football games were played using human heads as balls. The heads in question were most likely detached from the shoulders of tribal enemies or criminals, before being put to use in friendly games.

In regions where more ball-like objects like coconuts were found in abundance, these were preferred as balls, with severed and expertly shrunken human heads instead serving an ornamental function, as conversation pieces in tastefully decorated huts.

thanks to: http://champions-league-betting.com/bri ... e-football

Apologies to those of a delicate disposition

BLUE BUTTERFLY
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by BLUE BUTTERFLY »

Okay Keithcaley, for your benefit, if in the highly unlikely event of a shrunken head cup final who would you be supporting?

I have ever only once felt patriotic, in 1966.

I don't particularly like football but I would be wholeheartedly supporting North Cyprus.
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

banjo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by banjo »

Loyalties! A difficult one with the current 'government' and the obstacles you face as a foreigner. But loyalty definately with the cypriots (turkish). If North Cyprus were in the world cup final it would be North Cyprus flag, and there would be two reasons. The most important being recognition.
Sorry for spoiling your fun Keithcaley, you really made me laugh. Football is not my cup of tea.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

BLUE BUTTERFLY,

If I were not to be found hiding in a darkened room, then I would obviously support TRNC

cyprusishome
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by cyprusishome »

I am English by birth and by descent, traced back to late 1700's on both sides. As such I have supported English teams in whatever sport, still do.

Even though many will know my vehement anti establishment stance here, this is home and that is the team I would support in a head to head.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

This is home for me I always refer to the UK not home any more. I wish I could be a citizen here maybe the government will change then I can apply. As to football boring! Who cares I dont.

deputydawg
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by deputydawg »

What a thought provoking thread. Minnows of North Cyprus win the World Cup. With true sportsmanship, the GCs, EU, UN etc insist that the South is the only legitimate government of the Island and the Cup must be displayed in a Trophy Room in the South. Bill Shankly, manager of Liverpool FC in their heyday, when told that football was "not a matter of life and death" replied "It is more important than that". Thank you Keith Caley for bringing me understanding 50 years later. Now I know that you had kicked him in the head it all makes sense. Please do the same to Beetroot Face at Manchester United.
"profound ? A bird can sing with a broken wing, but, one can't pluck feathers off a frog!

Rambling Rose
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Rambling Rose »

I am as English as Yorkshire Pudding (with just a hint of Scottish ancestry) but I have lived here for 15 years now ( with only one trip back to Blighty) and I consider it my home.

Football does not interest me, but in that as most things I would support the TRNC - partly as Minnow says, as a means of promoting recognition.

One exception would be if the game were cricket - then if Yorkshire were playing I would still be waving the white rose, if only out of nostalgia.

Mel7348
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Mel7348 »

TRNC for football, with Rambling Rose for cricket.
RU seems to be catching on here but don't have worry about loyalty just yet.

TRNC definitely for football. With Rambling Rose on cricket. International cricket - TRNC. County level - Warwickshire, know they can't hold a candle to Yorkshire, but as you say nostalgia.
Life's too short to stuff a mushroom

Return to “SPORT - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”