Golf when on holiday

Talk about sport in or out of the TRNC. Find out about Karate Classes, local football matches, Scuba Diving ... and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mint1955
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Golf when on holiday

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Mint1955 »

We have friends staying with us in June for two weeks and he plays golf. Would he be able to play a few rounds while in North Cyprus?

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Golf when on holiday

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

In short yes. The Korineum golf course is a top class course, I am a member there. For visitors I think its about 65/70 euros this time of year for a round. Check out the web site for the prices and the layout of the course http://www.korineumgolf.com. Not an easy course mind!!

The only other course on the North is past Guzelyurt, only 9 nine holes but a lovely setting. The only down side is that the greens are brown, ( a mixture of sand and light oil.)

Hope this helps?

Mint1955
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Mint1955 »

Thank you for info but guess I should have also asked about hiring clubs and getting playing partners etc as I suppose you play in pairs or groups.
I am not a golfer but wanted to sort something for him when he arrives.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

You can hire clubs, there are electric carts for hire or pull trollies and electric trollies, you can even hire shoes if you need them. There is a pro shop which sells everything you need, tees, balls the lot.

As for playing partners, yes most golfers do play in pairs or groups. There is a group of about 12/16 players who play every Tuesday and Friday at 8am, your friend is more than welcome to join that group. You put your ball in a hat and partners a drawn.

Another group of 4 guys play on a Tuesday and Thursday, he could join them with me being away.

I am away for part of June in the UK but if you mail me nearer the time I would gladly sort a game out. Send me a PM we can sort something out.

Mint1955
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Mint1955 »

Thank you so much. I will pass on all these details.
Sheila

Return to “SPORT - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”