Will we enjoy the Olympics ?

Talk about sport in or out of the TRNC. Find out about Karate Classes, local football matches, Scuba Diving ... and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

deputydawg
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Will we enjoy the Olympics ?

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by deputydawg »

Is was "The taking part not the winning" but now "Faster, higher, Stronger". They forgot "Dopier". Drug cheating with almost total impunity due to their "human Rights". A civilian security force encompassing criminals. Government announced a 3.4 billion £ cost but now 13 billion £ plus and growing. I doubt there would be missile sites on the roofs of flats unless there was an intelligence source of a credible and specific threat. The public will not know. The numbers of foreigners attending will be published by the government who admit to illegal immigrant numbers of 750,000 when we all realise the real number is millions. How many illegal immigrants will get past the UK Border force/farce ? clutching a cheap ticket to one of the preliminary rounds of lesser sports, but never be seen again for the return journey. I hope it will be a success but I do not feel confident.
"profound ? A bird can sing with a broken wing, but, one can't pluck feathers off a frog!

jock1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Will we enjoy the Olympics ?

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by jock1 »

Can only agree dd, to much politics in sport..right down to sponsoring...

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Well I'm going to enjoy myself, have tickets and can't wait. Got my plastic Poncho at the ready with my comfee shoes. Got my bag ready that can fit under the chair no more than 25 litres. I will leave plenty of time to travel but be prepared to wait. Looking forward to going through the airport style security and read the list of items that arn't allowed inside. Got my Visa card to buy my food and have my map. I am constantly looking for updated emails for any changes and looking forward to the long walks inbetween!!

Too much dumbing down and needs sorting out after the Olympics, whats done is done now and leave the heads what are likely to roll afterwards.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

Mel7348
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Mel7348 »

Dalartokat - Good for you. Enjoy everything.

Look forward to your post games report please.
Life's too short to stuff a mushroom

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Thanks Mel, will do. Just hope we can get through all the do's and don'ts! and don't flag out with all the walking beforehand!
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

deputydawg
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by deputydawg »

Dalartokat. I hope the experience is all you could wish for and you have a great time in spite of the shambles preceding the event.

Jock1. Is yer the real deal, Jock1 of Royal Marine fame and tottie filled swimming pool ?
"profound ? A bird can sing with a broken wing, but, one can't pluck feathers off a frog!

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

deputydawg, I fully understand where your coming from but we have to take it as it comes now. If I were to keep thinking about are we going to be safe or not I would not go. I don't want to do that, because I'm going with my son and his girlfriend who have paid for the privilege of me going and you can't let something like that stop you from going. Of course its a shambles but we should keep positive .

Sandman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Sandman »

The series of mishaps and gaffes leading up to the olympics typifies the state of this country at the moment.
Unfortunately important areas such as health,education,policing etc are also being run by incompetents while the overpaid individuals at the top who should be in prison are laughing all the way to the bank!!

Return to “SPORT - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”