Saturdays Cricket Match

Talk about sport in or out of the TRNC. Find out about Karate Classes, local football matches, Scuba Diving ... and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Saturdays Cricket Match

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

Does anyone have any information on the details for the match between North and South Cyprus please.

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Saturdays Cricket Match

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

"A landmark cricket match has been announced between the TRNC and the Republic of Cyprus.

The TRNC Cricket Association recently approached their good friends in the South’s, Cyprus Cricket Association and they eagerly agreed to the historic game. The North’s Communications Manager Ian Fell further explained, it’s the first time the two countries have played each other at any sport in Cyprus and we are very excited about the prospect. The game is purely about the game we love and both Associations strongly feel sport is about bringing people together and politics has no place in it.

Richard Boxall, Secretary of the Cyprus Cricket Association added, "We are delighted that this match is taking place. It is our desire to see the development of the game of cricket throughout Cyprus, and we are very pleased to see the progress being made in the North thanks to the efforts of the TRNC Cricket Association. The match on 24th May will, I am sure, be keenly contested and will increase awareness of the sport of cricket and hopefully lead to increased participation. It will also provide a wonderful opportunity for all of Cyprus's cricket community to get together to compete and to develop friendships. I can foresee further cooperation on the cricket field across Cyprus, and I hope this match will be the forerunner of many such encounters."

TRNC Cricket Association’s Treasurer Paula Shirley said both our sponsors Creditwest and the Republic’s Money Gram are delighted to be connected with this high profile match which brings the parts of Cyprus closer together

I dont think they know yet where the match will be held - probably a lot nearer the time . There is a local match this Sunday at Pia Bella Girne. TRNC Cricket Association are on Facebook and have a Website which you can find by googling North Cyprus Cricket Assocation.

Bowman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Bowman »

Yes, Robin, well quoted - all that is missing is the date. But if you have read this press-release somewhere, you would have surely seen that: Sunday, 24th of May at "Yirmi Temmuz" Stadium, Girne. Free entrance to all spectators!

Hope this helps clear up the misunderstanding: our matches are normally on Sundays - and this is no exception - so that everyone is free to come and watch.

Cheers! See you there!
Sue

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Thank for correcting me Sue. Speed reading and posting

Hope to see you this Sun

NOTOUT246
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by NOTOUT246 »

Hi there,
I would like to get involved with TRNC cricket club if someone called help. I capt Hornchurch CC in Essex Shepherd and Neame league.
Played some first class cricket and I think I could contribute in some way to your cricket. Unfortunately I only come to TRNC 4-5 times a year.
In the future I will be around more often hopefully!
When does the season start and finish?
Regards
Roy Smith

Bowman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Bowman »

Hi Roy,

It’s a small world, I was brought up in Rainham and my wife comes from Dagenham,

If you are in Cyprus at the moment, come to the matched on Sunday (at Pia Bella) and you can meet the association chairman Nigel Holman or you can phone him on 0533 8248999.

We have been running for under a year and a season has not yet been clarified. But it looks as if we will be playing in spring and autumn.

You can also e-mail me at [email protected].

Regards

Mike Turner

NOTOUT246
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by NOTOUT246 »

Hi Mike,
Sorry for late reply, I only just found your reply, been looking in the wrong section!lol
Yes small world, im back out to Cyprus end of June, we can catch up then.
What area do you live?

Return to “SPORT - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”