so much for the dive community of north cyprus

Talk about sport in or out of the TRNC. Find out about Karate Classes, local football matches, Scuba Diving ... and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

billywiz
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

so much for the dive community of north cyprus

•   Message 1 of 1 in Discussion

Post by billywiz »

just went to the padi accredited dive school next to Tempo to have my air tank re-filled. the owner was present and asked had it been serviced which my partner replied yes in june this year. he replied ok bring it in and i,ll fill it for you. so she went to the car and struggled to lift the tank out of the boot while at least 5 men sat there talking.Then the owner asked where was it serviced which my partner replied in the south, oh he said well i dont trust the dive school in the south so it will need to be serviced here at the cost of 100 stg. On this reply she phoned me to ask what to do, so i said dont bother, with that attitude i would rather drive 200 miles to get it filled. One has to laugh as i recall reading a large article all about the diving community of the ISLAND and how everyone is one NOT. PADI which is a world wide organisation has no boundaries, so where ever you are in the world you should expect the same standard of service (obviously not here).
i am about to take my PADI scuba diving course at the end of the month and i know which one i,ll be attending, and it wont be the one that my partner went to today.
The course costs average about £300 and there was 2 of us going to do it, plus we would have dived with the center at least once a month, so looks like that center has dipped out on a good bit of business.oh well such is life we are in cyprus after all.
Rant Over

Return to “SPORT - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”