CONIFA World Cup 2018

Talk about sport in or out of the TRNC. Find out about Karate Classes, local football matches, Scuba Diving ... and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

CONIFA World Cup 2018

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

I see North Cyprus have a team at the CONIFA World Cup that is taking place in London at the moment. Basically, this is a World Cup for countries that are not officially reckonised by FIFA.

North Cyprus started their campaign yesterday getting off to a 1-1 draw with Karpatalya. Not too bad considering they ended the game with 10 men.

http://www.conifa.org/en/wfc-2018-recap ... 1/#ncy-kar

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: CONIFA World Cup 2018

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

UPDATE

North Cyprus are into the final after beating Padania 3-2 in the semi finals.

They play Karpatalya in the final on Saturday who they played in the group stages, drawing 1-1.

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

Well done North Cyprus team!

john250
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by john250 »

sadly they lost on penalties.
The competition was a huge success. Games played at london non league grounds. Initially a few hundred at early stages but crowd of 2,500 for final...as expected alot of support from turkish cypriots in uk.
I wish i could have seen some of the games but i live at the other end of the country but supporters from competing countries produced great atmosphere.
a few of the teams came from places i had never heard of. i googled and certainly expanded my geographical knowledge. i now know where Cascadia is and what it represents!!!

Return to “SPORT - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”