Joshua v Usyk - SPOLIER ALERT

Talk about sport in or out of the TRNC. Find out about Karate Classes, local football matches, Scuba Diving ... and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Joshua v Usyk - SPOLIER ALERT

•   Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

A very interesting fight last night. Do have to be honest, prior to the fight, I fully expected AJ to win by KO round 7 to 9. Always felt Usyk was just too small without the punching power to hurt Joshua.

He definitely proved me and lot of others wrong. To walk into AJ's back yard to coin a term and fully dominate the fight was an immense performance.

AJ has triggered an immediate rematch. He did try to collar tie Usyk a couple of times late in the fight but they were such clumsy attempts that the ref warned him each time for it. I do still think Joshua is capable of stopping Usyk, he would need to bulk up again and fight the way he did against Wlad and Povektin. If he gets a new trainer and more importantly the right trainer and if he has enough time between now and the rematch then maybe he has a chance.Maybe Joshua can comeback to win, he has the capacity but it's a huge ask, given he has taken the immediate rematch.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Joshua v Usyk - SPOLIER ALERT

•   Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

If boxing was just about what fighter has the most ability to knock the other guy out then Earnie Shavers would have been the heavyweight champion for about 15 years.

Return to “SPORT - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”