New Book 71/72: Football's Greatest Season?

Talk about sport in or out of the TRNC. Find out about Karate Classes, local football matches, Scuba Diving ... and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

New Book 71/72: Football's Greatest Season?

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Didn’t know where to post this as I couldn’t find a book section. I know there are a football fans on here and we are generally all of a certain age. I ordered a book on Amazon a while ago because it looked my sort of thing. Anyhow it came out yesterday, I started reading it and finished it in one sitting.
It’s brilliant it’s on the 1971/72 football season which had the closest finish ever between Derby, Leeds, Liverpool and Man City managed by Clough, Revie, Shankly and Allison. But it’s more than that really. It covers the whole league and abroad but in an interesting way it’s not as dry as some football can be. You have stories about Shrewsbury’s 70 year old ball boy who used to row out onto the Severn in his coracle to fetch balls for 50p a time. It’s about collexting football cards and petrol station coins and is very funny in parts as well.

Best book I’ve read in ages.

71/72: Football's Greatest Season?
By Daniel Abrahams

slsgjc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: New Book 71/72: Football's Greatest Season?

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by slsgjc »

Where can I buy this?
Sounds like a good idea for Christmas.... all the family love footie so that would be a few presents sorted .

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: New Book 71/72: Football's Greatest Season?

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

slsgjc wrote:
Fri 22 Oct 2021 9:45 am
Where can I buy this?
Sounds like a good idea for Christmas.... all the family love footie so that would be a few presents sorted .
71/72: Football's Greatest Season? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GTT9DYR/ ... EK2ESC38R3

Return to “SPORT - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”