Was it a Red card for Nani Y or N

Talk about sport in or out of the TRNC. Find out about Karate Classes, local football matches, Scuba Diving ... and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

ozonkoyboy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Was it a Red card for Nani Y or N

•   Message 1 of 1 in Discussion

Post by ozonkoyboy »

Former Manchester United full-back Gary Neville admitted Nani's sending-off against Real Madrid left Old Trafford more stunned than he has ever seen it.
The 38-year-old claimed the winger did not deserve the red card shown him by Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir for a foot-up challenge on Alvaro Arbeloa in the Red Devils' 2-1 loss to Real Madrid, which sealed a 3-2 aggregate defeat.
He Tweeted: "Been going to OT since age of 5 and I've never seen the whole ground as in disbelief as they were last night at a decision!
"Nani is a player who regularly tries to control a pass like this over his shoulder and its never a red card! Changed the whole game! Poor ref.
"You don't have referees like that for these big games. The referee's assessor was there last night and he's a proper referee from the past, (Pierluigi) Collina.
"I am sure he looked at the decision and thought, 'he's got it wrong'.
"I couldn't believe it when he pulled out the red card - it was simply a wrong decision."
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination”

Return to “SPORT - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”