Fund raising dos and don'ts.

Need advice from The British Residents Society in North Cyprus? Find out about and help charities in the TRNC.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

cathywallen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Fund raising dos and don'ts.

•   Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Post by cathywallen »

Please could someone educate me re fundraising here ?

Do you need a license ? Must it be registered as a charity?

If I have a table and collect things to sell for a cause ( for the poor in India, I have excellent contacts and I know the money goes directly into the communities, ( rural and ciriy) to pay for schooling, food, clothes etc.
Also in Delhi where my freinds have a small educational centre for poor children, some, who are otherwise tied to thier beds during the day so they don't get harmed, their parents let them come to the school as its a safe place. It's on the edge of a slum area.
They also do basic teaching on health, sanitation etc ).

How complicated is it to do something?

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Fund raising dos and don'ts.

•   Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

IT IS COMPLICATED, but it is not! You really need to speak to those who fundraise for the varius charities, such as Sue Tilt and Carole King for Tulips, or Angela Hasman of the NCCCT, or Laurence Floyd or Mlaly toros of Chindren in need, etc, etc - but if you want to fund raise to collect money for overseas charities, that is a bit more ocmplicated. I expect there isnothing to stop you having a few friends to your house for a bring and buy sale etc, etc, but if you have a market stall, then there could be those who would criticise that you are not doing it for a charity. On the other hand there are people with a market stall who raise cash for themselves, so you could do the same and then do what you like with the money.

However, I really think you need to talk to thosewho have been in the thick of fund raising here to get a good answer. You could also speak to people such as Lee Hickens who acquires funds to help oung Ismail.

As I say, it is complicated, and yet it is not. You just need to speak to the right people to get the right answers -n mainly so that you do not get into trouble.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

Return to “CHARITY & SOCIETY - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”