Positive list... Please read if you are feeling overwhelmed!

Need advice from The British Residents Society in North Cyprus? Find out about and help charities in the TRNC.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

jazzdolly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Positive list... Please read if you are feeling overwhelmed!

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by jazzdolly »

My name is Stephanie and I live in TRNC.
I eat organic fruit and vegetables every day.
I shop in supermarkets where people know me and reward me for my custom.
I walk and live in the mountains amongst pine trees and peaceful skies.
I speak English and am not in the UK and people help me.
I can arrive at the beach within 5 minutes.
My children are not pushed into growing up too fast and having sex too young.
Traditional family values are strong where I live.
I can access the Internet easily, I can phone my family/ friends all over the world for free
When I spend money I receive customer service from someone who knows what they are talking about.

The list goes on but I don't want to lose your attention....

I feel the people who are unhappy for their own genuine reasons have a right to be, but I am not so sure it's about the environment but the restrictions they have personally that tie them to this island that make them unhappy ...

surfmeetseast
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Positive list... Please read if you are feeling overwhel

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by surfmeetseast »

Lovely post Jazzdolly, it's essential to remainpositive for the benefit of your emotional health.
I also walk in the mountains and swim in the sea. I have a room that is mine that the animals are not allowed in, where I can work, listen to music and just chill. It's these small things that keep you sane (and those around you)

jazzdolly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by jazzdolly »

I couldn't agree more!
Life is a constant battle to remain positive and accentuate the good. It can really feel lonely when one gets up every day putting a brave face together and others are so negative. What I've realised is, we all struggle but some give in and take the negative route more than others.
We have rich lives here, in so many ways and I try to spread that message on days I feel enlightened by it all!!!

surfmeetseast
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by surfmeetseast »

Yeah, totally agree with that! I seem to remember that someone onthis forum had a signature, that read 'Wherever you go, there you are ' and I find that very true!
There are a few negative people on the forum. and over the years I have met some very disillusioned people - but I thinkyou have to take your health and well being into your own hands and not rely on the Great God medicine!
I too eat organic as far as possible, we eat sparingly in this weather, and probably the animals come first haha!
But we have burned our bridges to the uk, except for some immediate friends and family, andhave no desire to return.Just try to stay healthy and positive and take advantage of the good things that the island offers
Peaceand good luck !

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

surfmeetseast and jazzdolly, I would be very interested to know where you get your supplies of organic food from - because unless I grow it myself, I find it almost impossible here.

As far as I am aware, all of the commercial growers use vast amounts of chemicals to promote growth and kill pests, there have been reports in the press of shipments of food from here being refused entry because of excessive chemical residues.

surfmeetseast
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by surfmeetseast »

Our neighbours have a little organic allotment in the valley and we trade withthem for vegs and eggs, I grow my toms, beans herbs etc and we have many fruit trees and almonds
I buy stocks of legumes and veggy proteins when we go south.
Cannot do it with everything and I am aware of the pesticides usedbut we do try!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Thank you

Food for thought

Return to “CHARITY & SOCIETY - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”