Come meet soner and aykut and enjoy a brunch !!!!

Need advice from The British Residents Society in North Cyprus? Find out about and help charities in the TRNC.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Come meet soner and aykut and enjoy a brunch !!!!

Post by Marions »

16th October at noon at the Jasmine Court Hotel, and costing only 40tl there is a chance to enjoy the super brunch (almost too much food to eat - a week's calorie allowance in two hours) and meet Soner Kioufi an Aykut Hilmi. soner is the boss of this web site, and author of The Green Line, and Aykut is Nicos Popadopoulous in east Enders. Both Turkish Cypriots, both about the same age, both in communication, but both so very different with different tales to tell. One is from South London and the other from the North - but here is your chance to meet them, ask them questions, buy Soner's book if you want, and maybe get an autographed picture of Aykut (who knows, one day he may be a James Bond - he looks the type. This is being organised by the North Cyprus Charity Cancer Trust who will add all the proceeds of this event to their fund which buys equipment for the hospital to help cancer patients.
There will be a raffle as well with some good prizes.

tickets are available at Jasmine Court |Hotel, at The Hut and Heartbeat shops when they are open, or from Angela or Marion (phone numbers respectively 0533 865 0758 and 0542 882 4313 (tickets must be bought in advance for catering purposes). this unique event will not be repeated. hurry and getyour tickets!
Attachments
NCCT PSTER A4 new.pdf
(138.82 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Come meet soner and aykut and enjoy a brunch !!!!

Post by Deniz1 »

Where are the Heartbeat shops please?

andrew4232
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by andrew4232 »

i think there like before and after !
Karaman, its not all wax jackets and green wellies anymore

Barbieb
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Barbieb »

Hi Marion, can you book me 6 please, I can get them from you on Sunday, thank you hope you good and to see you soon, Barb xx

Kizzy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Kizzy »

Deniz1 ~ The Heartbeat shop is behind Girne Hospital ~ take the turn down towards Ezic Peanuts and you will see signs for it. The Hut is behind Girne Post Office.

Hope that helps.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Deniz1 »

Thanks.

LooseBoots
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by LooseBoots »

[quote="Kizzy"]Deniz1 ~ The Heartbeat shop is behind Girne Hospital ~ take the turn down towards Ezic Peanuts and you will see signs for it. The Hut is behind Girne Post Office.

Does anyone know the opening times of the Hut or Heartbeat please ?

Do I get a discount for 2?.....Only joking............
Always look on the Bright side of life. Monty Python - Life of Brian.
Be nice to one another.
Reporting from Portugal

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Marions »

You pay extra for your cheek Loose Boots!!!!! Well, maybe I will charge extra and then give you a discount. How about that.

Heartbeat shop is open Fri and Sat 10am. to 2p.m but I think my info is out of date and could be other days. I trust someone more knowledgeable than I will tell you.

As to Barbara - 6 tickets there are with your name on!!!!

Actually, I am not sure who is the main course and who is the sweet, but they are both sweet in their own way - and you can eat food at the same time.
Maid Marion of Malatya

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Post by Soner »

Marion, I'm still worried about your comment stating that we will be GRILLED.........
......BBQ'd would have been more appropriate come to think of it.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

transit
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by transit »

Heartbeat is open on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 9.30 am until 1 pm.
The Hut is open on Wednesday and Saturday from 9.30 am until 12 noon.
Tickets are available at both shops.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Marions »

Thanks Transit! My info is well out of date, and I knew it. Hope you get a lot of takers.

And to Soner - don't worry about the 'grilling' - I will make sure you are turned periodically to even up the procedure - just like tanning under our beautiful warming sun! Or let's just let me be yur Sunshine!

Or shall I recant and make you feelmore comfortable? No I think it is best you fear the worst becuase then it will be a great pleasure!
Maid Marion of Malatya

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Marions »

And just in case I did not make it clear, if anyone wants to come and can't get to the Hut or Heartbeat, then ring me 0542 882 4313 and I will get tickets to you - and take your money!!!!
Maid Marion of Malatya

LooseBoots
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by LooseBoots »

Marions wrote:And just in case I did not make it clear, if anyone wants to come and can't get to the Hut or Heartbeat, then ring me 0542 882 4313 and I will get tickets to you - and take your money!!!!
Just missed the cut off time at the Hut and heartbeat so will try tomorrow. Was locked in at the bank ........don`t ask...

So if I can`t get them will ring you.
Be nice to one another.
Reporting from Portugal

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Marions »

O.K. I was locked out of the bank as I ran out of time to pay the electric bill! It will now wait until Monday. Oh dear.

But for soner, I am here with tickets.
Maid Marion of Malatya

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Deniz1 »

Marion if you are near the Cratos you can pay any bills at the small supermarket on the left.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Marions »

thanks for that info. Off thread -sorry Soner - but vital piece of info.

I live the other sid,e but often come that way, so..... very useful info, especially as the other day I went to the Bank and it was closed for lunch, and today I got held up so it was closed! Growl, growl. and I am sure that other kibkomers will find that useful.
Maid Marion of Malatya

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Post by Soner »

Maybe a new thread hould be started, Name that supermarket on the left and bingo....hope they charge a small fee as they may well get inundated with Kibkomers' bills.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

mamachina
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by mamachina »

Dont get the two Huts confused. The hut behind the Post Office is the BRS "office" and open on a Saturday, The Hut is a restaurant/bar in Lapta. I know the BRS hut is not selling tickets, so it must be the Lapta one! Lapta one opens at 11am except Thursday.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Marions »

i THOUGHT THE NCCCT 'hUT' IS THE SHOP BEHIND THE POST OFFICE NEXT TO THE LIBRARY AND A FEW YARDS FRM THE BRS HUT. Perhaps I can be corrected if wrong. Nothing to do with Lapta.

so how many tickets do you want MamaChina?????
Maid Marion of Malatya

LooseBoots
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by LooseBoots »

I got my tickets from the Hut behind the post office which had a big sign up for cancer charity.
Be nice to one another.
Reporting from Portugal

LooseBoots
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by LooseBoots »

LooseBoots wrote:I got my tickets from the Hut behind the post office which had a big sign up for cancer charity.
I was given my money back at the HUT today as I was told they had not sold enough tickets!!!!!

Just passing on info.......
Be nice to one another.
Reporting from Portugal

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Post by Soner »

Ahhh, what a shame, and I was really looking forward to it.

LooseBoots
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by LooseBoots »

Soner wrote:Ahhh, what a shame, and I was really looking forward to it.
If you didn`t know, does Marion?????

We were looking forward to it.......................may I make a suggestion?????

It would be a shame not to do anything........................what about asking Alex at FIVE FINGERS RESTAURANT in Ozankoy to run an evening , with a percentage going to charity.

We have been to a couple of his " guest speaker " nights.................in fact Marion was one of them.

As I say, just a suggestion. Or somewhere like Shooters....but prefer the first suggestion. IMHO
Be nice to one another.
Reporting from Portugal

Rambling Rose
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Rambling Rose »

I was dithering because 40TL for brunch (even, or particularly, if it includes more food than I can comfortably eat in a morning) is not exactly "reasonable" for someone on my budget. Then when I decided to be daring, I found not enough tickets had been taken. Maybe others were put off by the price. On the other hand Jasmine Court is at least central and loads of parking for the less mobile. Five Fingers is a bit out of the way for Westerners and parking is narrow village streets.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Marions »

Difficult to know what is too dear. The 112 are having a 60's evening with chicken anhd chips and it is costing 50tl, I believe. they have takers for the event, so why weren't those people interested in a brunch with the opportunity of a meeting of two successful London Cypriots? they are from about the 60's! Seriously, I don't know why the tickets did not sell. There was obviously some psychological barrier. Never mind, aykut will be televised with Can Gaz, so hpefully some folk will learn all about him that way.
Maid Marion of Malatya

Barbieb
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Barbieb »

Please tell me the event is not called off, was looking forward to it, and there is still time for tickets to sell, most people don't make their mind up till just before the event, I hope it can be saved!

Rambling Rose
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Rambling Rose »

There are two threads on this - I wonder if they could be combined, so people could make suggetions for any further meetings,and thus avoid further disappointment.

May I respectfully say that the suggestion that people lacked enthusiasm and missed a great opportunity because they hadnt rushed to buy tickets was a tad tactless* .I hesitated about booking for something that was outside my normal budget for eating out., particularly day time One of the threads here is evidence that a lot of people are living on a pension and struggling with inflation and the global financial climate to preserve their savings for medical needs, and have to limit and be selective about the amount they spend on eating out.

*on the other thread

I was also a little concerned about the venue , particularly if it meant using one of the underground rooms at the Jasmine Court - not the way I want to spend a lot sunny day in Cyprus!

With all due respect to gentleman concerned. neither am I particularly keen on television soap operas and would not go out of my way to meet a actor in one of them, not do I enjoy razmataz connected with the concept of a "quizzmaster",

Personally I would prefer to meet Soner and other Kibkomers in a less formal setting and manner. I actually rather like the idea of a (non canabalistic!) barbecue, though I realise it is getting late in the year for that.

Of course my ideas arent eveyone's but perhaps if we had a discussion and got a consensus of opinion , it might produce a better response

It may also be that some people on thier own are nervous about being surrounded by a lot of strangers and/or have transport problems. Maybe some form of car sharing (which would also mitigate potential parking problems) coud also be mooted.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Marions »

Thanks Rambling Rose. It is very late and I should be off to bed, but i had to just point out that although I accept all your points from your point of view as being very valid this was NOT a KibKomers together, it was a funciton organised by the North Cyprus Cancer Charity Trust as a fund raiser with a difference, and the only reason it was on KibKom was as an advertisement. My fault for not making it clear - sorry.

also although Aykut is currently in East Enders, he has many more credits to his name such as Mama Mia, West Side Story, plays at the Old Vic and others and the important thing to many people is that he is a Turkish Cypriot , as of course is soner.

But when it comes to perhaps having an event for kibKomers, then your suggestions will be borne in mind. At the momen t however, there are no such plans. Soner goes back to U.K this week and does not know when he will return.

As to the Brunch, well it was a good idea at the time.

go well.
Maid Marion of Malatya

andrew4232
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by andrew4232 »

marion as you say there are two threads for this you could just lock one to help keep it simple
Karaman, its not all wax jackets and green wellies anymore

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Marions »

am locking this thread because the event is cancelled. I think any further discussion on this can be on the other thread announcing the cancellation. O.K. Really sorry it is cancelled, but that is life. But if anyone has any ideas re future kibkomers events, then do share them, but as I told Rambling Rose this one was for the charity NCCCT.

Have a good week-end you all!
Maid Marion of Malatya

Return to “CHARITY & SOCIETY - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”