Kar boot fair

Need advice from The British Residents Society in North Cyprus? Find out about and help charities in the TRNC.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

carolhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Kar boot fair

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by carolhm »

It was supposed to be the second bootfair today up at the cafe , we could nt find it .
Did anyone else ??

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Kar boot fair

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Sorry, I know nothing, and I had to go to Pine Bay Car Boot to see someone about something, so could not get to the hills. I wonder if the KAR office can tell anything, or whether any KAR workers are reading this, and can say if (a0 there was one today and (b) if there are to be any more or whether it is now winter and everything ceases.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

carolhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by carolhm »

Wish we had gone to pine bay as normal but it was too late after driving around the mountains

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

We popped up for the 1st time today and asked at the Alevkayisi cafe - the boot sale was cancelled due to Bayram. I did check the forums before we went so it would be nice in future if those that posted the event would also post if it has been cancelled.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I can only assume that someone was trying to raise money for KAR. KAR themselves hadn't anything arranged - too busy trying to get things sorted for the stalls at the Lambousa Bonfire and Firework display. Sorry if you were inconvenienced though.

carolhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by carolhm »

We checked the forum as well before we left . Who ever organised the boot fair could of cancelled it on the forum surely , it would only take a few minutes . It s not like its just around the corner for a lot of us , its a good drive , only to find nothing is happening .

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Agreed Carolhm. it was the restaurant who originally advertised I believe, syaing they were doing this and proceeds to KAR. I guess they forgot to post, but I would have bene livid if I had gone. It is a lovely spot up there, but to go all that way and be disappointed would have annoyed 'im downstairs more than me. Shame that, because i tmeans people might think twice before going again. But maybe there was an emergency or some thing.

Perhaps they could given an explanation here?? Please!
Maid Marion of Malatya

carolhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by carolhm »

Well if they advertise another one dont think i will bother to be honest . There was no emergency when we got there this morning . Thought it was strange at the cafe because there were quite a few locals having a bbq and picnic , not food from the cafe . Looked more like a private get together .

Barbieb
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Barbieb »

So sorry Carol we really did miss you today, and it was a great day, very busy though, until about 11 and then all those who forgot the clocks went back and turned up very early (and trust me there was a few) were exhausted as I am now, but it was lovely in ways cos when Marions turned up I had the time to have a nice chat with her and Alan, but it is sad that this chance to raise funds for charity was cancelled, never mind, come and see us next week and maybe venture the special bacon cheese burger, specially created for you, hopefully they will be back in business soon, and also we shall see you next week, Mo and Barb x

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Thanks for the mention, BarbieB, it is always good to cha,t and my husband is now realising that his best Sunday brekkie is a Barbara bacon Buttie. BBB ! Mind you he will get fat cos he has a brekkie before he comes just in case you have run out.

Maybe one day I will actually get to the boot fair before people start packing up. You just can't get me out of bed in time - even with that once a year day of an extra hour!
Maid Marion of Malatya

carolhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by carolhm »

Barb as soon as we knew it was a no no at the kar boot Mick looked at his watch but it was too late to get over to yours . Cant believe we had to have lunch today , never need lunch after one of your yummy burgers . Will be there next week to see you and Mo . Keep smiling girls

Return to “CHARITY & SOCIETY - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”